Doctor - (Angst - Insane Pearl AU part 2)

AN: Heck, writing insanity/bipolar is exhausting and it took me so freaking long. Sorry. I've been working so hard on so many projects recently too (for school, for the fandom, and for life) that just aren't getting anywhere (I know, I know, patience). Probably why I've been writing so much angst again. It's like a drug- it helps me feel things you know?

Credits:
Song for Part 1: Copycat by CircusP
Song for Part 2: Doctor by Truslow

TW: manipulation, dissociative disorder (multiple personality disorder), blood, death/murder, self-harm, suicide, depression/bipolar disorder

Pearl POV- (unedited at the moment)

20 milliliters in the middle of the night

Time to wake up Moon.

My eyes gently flutter open as light fills my vision. I sigh gently as I blink a couple times before my mind finally processes the light filtering into my eyes and I'm met with large worried brown eyes. They widen slightly as we make eye contact.

I slowly close my eyes again as a headache begins to rise right behind my eyes. As I lean my head back further into the pillow behind me, I feel a pressure around my ribs. I let out a slight groan and the pressure releases with some incomprehensible words that bounced off my ear drums.

I reopen my eyes with another sigh and finally take the man behind the brown eyes in. His blond hair was slicked back, dried blood still stuck to it. He still had his red cape on, but the hood was pulled down. Memories from before began to filter into my mind...

You are the enemy

Grian with the leader of the Watchers, threatening to take me. And here he was again. He's betrayed me for the second time. How could I... How could I let myself be fooled again?

Remember your job.

A friend of me

"Grian! Oh my gosh I'm so glad you're okay." I shove myself off the bed and throw my arms around his neck, fighting against the disgust flowing through my veins at his touch. The touch of a traitor. The touch of a murder. He shoved his shoulder into my neck and began sobbing against me, his arms clutching to my shirt.

"Pearl. Pearl, oh goodness Pearl. I thought we lost you. I thought they got to you." Grian's words were muffled into my neck as he spoke, the occasional hiccup breaking his words. I just blink in confusion. Who would be after me other than you Grian? You're the one who brought the Watchers to Evo.

Your ploy to make me trust you again will never work.

The remnants of my mind

But I ignore the hatred building in my chest, focusing instead on the deep relaxing voice in the back of my mind, reminding me of my job. That I was to play this 'Pearl' character and gain Grian's trust.

And them.

Wait. Who?

Just as the thought passed my mind, I raised my eyes to the door where the man named Xisuma walked through. He was followed by Mumbo and Gemini who both looked worried.

A strange sense of nostalgia rolled over me. I know these people. Well, I know their names, but something in my mind was missing. I had all these memories in my mind, but they weren't mine. They were Pearl's.

Maybe if I could just figure out how to describe it, it would go away. It was almost like a wall had been built around a key memory which changed everything about me.