Empire - (Angst - Grian)

Empire: Song credits to Of Monsters and Men

I felt bad about how rushed my last oneshot was, I was mostly just challenging myself but I wanted to give you something a bit more thought out and edited as I work on actually coming up with a Grian and SBI AU story. I love how this one turned out.

Also- I was doing some research for this one, and I didn't realize how long I have been watching Grian for. I remember stumbling across his building tutorials when I was about 15 years old when I was trying to learn how to build a bridge for my world (I'm almost 21 for those who want a frame of reference). I remember being so ANNOYED by his Evo videos because I just wanted to watch his build school stuff. I got grounded from YouTube a few years later and stopped watching. I started watching his Evo stuff when I was in college 2 years ago and I ended up binge watching everyone's Season 6 Hermitcraft during quarantine and here we are now, absolutely in love with Hermitcraft.

AU where it's basically our actual world but with Minecraft logic. Enjoy.

TW- blood, death, mild suicidal thoughts

Grian POV-

It's been years. 21 to be exact. And here I was again. A small town in nowhere England as the ocean laps at the rocks. My head lifted towards the rising sun, and I stare at the light leaking through my closed eye lids as the wind blows off the ocean, ruffling my wings behind me. 

It all feels so surreal in the early morning hours.

Feel the ocean as it breathes

I stuff my hands in my red hoodie, breathing in the salty smell as I shiver slightly. I don't think it was due to the cold, but the fear of this place.

Shivering teeth

I had refused to return, simply running for years. The running never stopped, until today. It was still just as painful as all those years ago. They say time heals, but in reality, time destroys. The initial pain was simply covered by trauma after trauma, until I didn't even remember. Forgetting myself was the scariest part of it all. The young Charles no longer existed, lost in the mountain buildings of Tokyo.

See the mountains where they meet

Buildings that shaped me to the monster I was. I am. I can't escape my past, no matter how hard I try to wash it away in the rising mist of the ocean that was swirling around the cliff edge which I stood on.

I didn't even have to open my eyes to know how much blood stained my hands. Stained my conscience. Stained my future. Stained a terrifying red.

Smothering me

And as the mist rises, swirling around my calves as wind ruffles my hair, the world seems to crash down around me. Waves rising in the wind, breaking against the rock, spraying my body with cold drops of salt. The waves matching my roiling mind.

A battle of right and wrong. Of truth and fantasy. Of the wind and the waves.

As the wind fends off the waves

Each day of my life led to me where I am. To who I am. Do I like who I've become?

I hope so.

I open my eyes for the first time in about an hour, the blue sky, that I had my face raise towards, filling my view. Lazy clouds float across the sky, making me frown in annoyance. So many people were like them. Carefree and loved by all, living each day in peace and harmony.