PART 37

Anne was shifted to a mental institute where Eric came to meet her. She refused to meet him but he promised to tell her about her son. 

"Where is my son? I beg you please tell me. At least tell me if he is alive or not."

"He is alive", he said.

" It means I have no disease and you planned it."

He smirked.

"Why? For money. Everything that I had was yours from the beginning."

"Do you think I did this for money...... No....", he said.

" Then?" Anne asked.

His eyes were cold and lifeless as he stared "You have no idea who I am, do you?" He showed her a photograph, she was her sister and said,"Do you remember her?"

"I had seen her somewhere but I don't remember where?"

"World is very small, you saw her in this same mental hospital and now you are here."

"Eric, I had never come here before," she said.

"Really", then he began to narrate the story, her sister had a split personality and she was taking treatment from one of the doctors here. When she was coming back a car almost hit her and she shouted at the driver. The woman came out and from nowhere she started hitting her. My sister was pregnant and she lost her child because of that woman. Later she committed suicide and ended her life. Do you remember anything now?"

"I was the one who saved that woman," Anne said. 

He laughed and then stared at Anne as if he would eat her alive. "You were the one who killed her."

Anne stood there and then said, "No Eric you are mistaken I never slapped someone in my life and you are alleging that I took someone's life. You know me for more than two years and do you think that I can hurt someone. Yes, I hurted your parents but you left me with no other option."

"Shut this nonsense of yours," he said.

She chuckled," I am not lying, your heart gave testimony for this. Who told you that I was the one who beat your sister. I remember that incident clearly, a woman was beating your sister, she kicked her in your sister's stomach and when I saw this, I ran toward her and saved her."

"What a story", Eric said. 

" That's the truth Eric, it is up to you whether you accept it or not."