PART 23

"Diya, someone is here to meet you," said Paul.

She looked at Anne and then again started looking outside the window. It was clear that she was not interested in talking with her. Her eyes were red, maybe she was crying a minute ago.

Paul went near her and checked if she had taken her medicine, which she hasn't. He politely asked her to take them but she didn't reply, she was still looking outside the window ignoring everything that was happening near her.

"Don't waste the life that your mother gave you after sacrificing herself", Anne said. Diya turned her face toward Anne.

" I had never asked her to do so," Diya said, her eyes filled to the brim," You can never understand how difficult it is to live a life that you get after losing your loved one."

"I can understand," Anne said, "When I was six my parents lost their lives while saving me. You should be grateful that at least you have your father beside you, who loves you more than anything else in this world."

Diya was shocked to hear her, she never expected that Anne could say something like this.

"How did you manage everything then?"

"It just happened, things take their shape and with time, I manage to learn how to live without them. One day I forgot about their sacrifice and decided to end my life but I am glad that I didn't die otherwise I would have regretted it." Anne said, smiling at Paul. He smiled back.

"Did dad save you?" She asked.

"Yes," Anne said.

"Then why didn't he save my mom?" She asked with teary eyes.

" He was unaware that your mother could take such a step, she called him just before committing suicide. He was not in any position to save her. I know it is difficult for you but try to understand him as well, you lost your mother likewise he lost his wife and now his daughter is hating him for something which he never did. "

Diya looked at her father, Paul wiped his tears but she noticed it. "Dad", Diya said and opened her arms. Paul hugged her in no time.

" I am sorry Dad, I was mean earlier, I didn't even try to understand you. I said horrible things to you. I am sorry dad, I promise I'll never do this again," she said sobbing.

"It's okay Diya," Paul said, wiping her tears. He kissed her forehead and then hugged her again. He looked at Anne who was smiling, he said "thank you" to her. He smiled at him and then left father and daughter to have some conversation.

She was happy because she was unaware of what turmoil was about to come in her life.