The Birth of Valkyrie

Start from the beginning

Luckily though, Riku didn't push for details, his lips curving down in distaste at her vague wording. "Really? I must say, that is not a good look for you. In fact, you've been rather distant the past couple weeks, have you not? I hope that's not going to affect your value to me, cause you know what will happen if it does..."

Hikari felt the wings on her back flitch under her necklace before immediately answering back in hopes to calm his quiet and calculated rage. "N-No, it won't. I was just.."

Riku cut her off in the next moment, his tone sharp and eerily calm. "You were just getting chummy with the number two hero's oldest son. I know."

That caused the girl to freeze, her eyes widening with confusion before she locked eyes with the man for the first time during their conversation. She had to have heard that wrong. There was no way Riku knew about them. "You know?"

At her genuine surprise, the man chuckled to himself before picking up a set of files on his desk and throwing them in her direction roughly, the object causing the girl to flitch as photos fell to the floor.

Picking up one of the discarded photos, Hikari then felt her fingers tighten unintentionally at the sight. Wait, she remembered this. This photo was taken when Touya had thrown her over his shoulder after that dance lesson with the Todoroki's.

Wait, was Riku stalking her? No, it couldn't be. She was so wrapped up in her moment with Touya that she didn't even sense that they were being watched.

Breaking the silence, RIku added cruelly. "Of course. After I saw a dip in your performance and focus I had my men investigate. Did you have fun, chasing after him like a pathetic little puppy? Well, if I didn't know any better I'd say that I was witnessing the beginnings of young love."

At his words, Hikari felt her heart twist with devastation, knowing that things were definitely not that way in the slightest. Touya was just using her for an easy hookup, because he was bored. It didn't have anything to do with "young love" on his side. Only hers.

Her boss seemed to catch the dejected look in her eyes though, his lips curving with hidden intent and slight annoyance for the scene. "Ah, I'm right aren't I? How adorable."

Balling her hands at her sides, the girl turned her eyes down in confirmation before her own body began to twitch with unease and anxiety. The last thing she wanted was for Riku to bring up Touya, especially since she still hadn't processed his betrayal fully.

And even though she was upset with the oldest Todoroki, she still didn't want this horrible villain to find him. No, he needed to be safe, just like her big brother. Everyone needed to be safe from her.

So instead, Hikari did something rather bold, she talked back to her boss in order for him to forget about the boy she loved. "Why am I here?"

Her outspoken behavior was surprising to say the least, Riku's eyes slightly widening at the sight of how crybaby Hikari was standing her ground. Perhaps it was another influence from that Todoroki boy as well.

No matter though, It's not like that bold rebellion would last long.

He would make sure of it.

Riku then curved his lips into a tight, forced smile before speaking back with hidden intent as he looked into the eyes of his prey. "Oh, don't be like that. I just wanted to offer my condolences."

That caused Hikari to pause, her head turning to the side in question as a newfound dread filled the air around her. What was he talking about? Was he not mad that she just talked back? Something was off. "Huh?"

The red haired man only continued calmly though, his eyes shining in a mocking light. "I mean, I thought I was going to have to kill the boy as punishment for your slacking but it seemed like things worked out in my favor regardless."