Chapter 38

Chloe Pov

Heartache, misery, sadness, depression those are just a few of the words that popped in my head when I think of Cole. How did this become my life? His life? Once we were happy, happy as any couple can be. There was not a day that we were not there for eachother and right now I am at a complete loss on what to do. Because of this, the dynamic of our relationship has changed. I just want to hold him, kiss him, shit even fuck him to get his mind off things but I can’t do any of that al i can do and place his hand in mine and gently squeeze letting him know that I am here for him as we watch the cemetery people lay his mother to rest. I look over to my left to see how William is holding up but I know he is putting a brave face for his son and is also not trying to cause anything that would disrupt our sleeping daughter in his arms. 

Everyone who had attended had to stand and one by one started making their way to the hole in the ground grabbing a rose and throwing it on her casket until it was just us that were left. I got up first and placed my rose making a silent promise to her that her son will be in good hands until my last breath. Taking one last look at her casket I went to William and grabbed our daughter using this as a perfect time for him and Cole to have alone time. About 20 minutes later I see William who had his arm around Cole’s shoulder walking towards the car. I didn’t utter a word to them because I know it would probably make matters worse. So I just sat in silence hearing the soft muffled cries of Cole hoping and praying he gets through this.