chapter 31

William POV

I watched as the love of my life walked upstairs to freshen up. If anyone would have told me that the girl I had fantized for years would become mine and would be carrying my child I would have laughed in their face. But look at how fate works. She is here and she is having my child and I couldn’t feel anymore complete then I do now. I have my son and now I have my daughter and soon, very soon when Chloe comes back down those stairs I would have a wife. One of my buddies here from work has a side job of marrying people. 

Before we got home I told Chloe to wear this white dress when we get home for a surprise little does she know what the surprise is. What better way to get married when all of our family and friends are already here. I was brought out of my thoughts when my phone started ringing. I didn’t recognize the number but walked out of the living room to my office downstairs to answer. 

“Hello?”

“Hello is this Mr. Addams?”

“This is he? May I ask what this is about?”

“Yes, we are looking for Sandra Mesa. She had listed you down as an emergency contact and it is very important that we find her.”

“I'm not understanding, is everything ok?”

There was a moment's pause. “Are you aware of her current condition?” I replied with a quick no and he continued. “She was diagnosed with schizophrenia about 3 years ago. Over the years it started progressing to the point where she doesn’t know what is real or not.” As the doctor was talking about her progress and her diagnoses, everything that had happened when she got here made sense. From her wanting to stay with me and actually staying longer than usual from her acting like we were together. For fuck sake I am a doctor I should have thought of this myself. I stopped thinking when the doctor said. “She is also a danger not only to herself but others when she feels she has been provoked.” At that I hung up my phone and ran out of my office bumping into Cole.

“Dad what's the matter.” The look of concern on his face.

“Send everyone home NOW.” Whatever look that was on my face changed his concern to determination and he went the opposite direction while I continued upstairs. I stopped when I saw Sandra with a gun pointed at scared looking Chloe. “Hey what’s going on here?” I already know but thought best to play along. 

Sandra's face lit up when she saw me but darken as she looked back at Chloe. “She has to die. You are mine and I am yours remember. It is going to be just the two of us.”

She pulled back the trigger and I knew I had to think fast. “Hey hey look at me you love me right?” She nodded her head. “I got on my knees and pulled out the ring. Her face lit up once more and she lowered the gun and made her way towards me. “Then would you do me the honor of marrying me and becoming my wife. She dropped the gun and put her hand out for me. At that moment I kicked the gun towards Chloe and tackled Sandra to the floor on her stomach and tied her hands behind her back well not really tied I just held down hers with mine. 

Cole came up about a few minutes later to see why I sent everyone home and Chloe was already on the phone with the police. 

“Why would you do this to me WIlliam I love you. I love you. I love you.” Sandra started screaming back repeating those same words over and over again. 

“Mom, mom snapped out of it. What is the matter with you? Why would you do that to Chloe?” Sandra was ignoring him, too busy in her own world still repeating those words. I explained everything to him and his face paled. “Does that mean it would happen to me?”

“No one really understands the genetics of these kinds of things. What we do know so far is some are weaker than others and that's what causes people to more than likely have it.” he nodded his head and turned to hug Chloe when she came behind him to place her hand on her shoulder. Once the cops had come I explained Sandra's condition to them and they took her away. Once they were gone Cole left as well to check on his girlfriend and now it was just Chloe and I.

“How are you feeling?” I asked.

“Exhausted.” She eventually said. I made her a bath and once she was relaxed and clean we made our way towards our bed. Once we were settled she finally spoke after being quite this whole time. 

“Why did you have a ring?” Shit I forgot about that.

“I was going to propose to you. Actually marry you. One of my friends from work marries people on the side so yeah.” I rubbed the back of my neck. Feeling somewhat self conscious now.

“Can I see it?” I nodded and reached over my bed stand and took it out. She grabbed it and looked at it for a few seconds before placing it on her finger.

“Yes.” was all she told me before she pressed herself closer to me. I chuckled lightly at her belly when she had to adjust herself slightly so her belly was on me to help support its weight.

“I love you.” I told her. 

She yawned “I love you to.”