chapter 23

William POV

Hours earlier…

“I’ll let you have some alone time with him. Visiting hours are over in about an hour.” I got up to leave her when she grabbed my wrist to stop me. 

“I really don’t want to be alone right now if you don’t mind.” I nod, feeling torn between comforting my son's mother and currently going on checking on my daughter's mother. The love of my life I could honestly say. Looking at Sandra now I know it was just purely lust and nothing more. Any and all feelings that I had for her are all gone. I sat back down and sat quietly until visiting times are over. Finally I get to go home and be with my Chloe. Gosh my poor Chloe has been alone through all this. Being there for me, helping me, coping with me while not complaining at all. I don’t deserve her. She was a god sent into my life and me being a shitty partner am nothing but wrong for her. 

I didn’t realize I was so lost in my own head until Sandra tugged on my arm and we were already outside the Hospital. In her arms are still her suitcase she must have gone straight to the hospital when she got into town. 

“Would you like a ride to your hotel room?” I asked her, raising an eyebrow at her. That is the least I can do for her. She nervously laughed at me.

“Yeah about that I was in such a rush to get here that I forgot to book a room. If you don’t mind I was wondering if I could stay with you?” If I was a cartoon I imagine my eyes popping out of their socket. In my head I had like a prophecy yeah let's go with that of all the bad things that could go wrong with her coming with me. Chloe and Sandra getting into it, sandra and I getting into it, fuck Chloe and I getting into it. I think no, I know this is a decision Chloe and I need to make together. She is after all the women of the house now. I live and breathe to make sure she is well taken care of now. She saw me hesitate for a minute and I saw the hurt in her eyes.

“I understand if you don’t want me to.” She said 

“No no no it’s not that. You just took me by surprise that’s all. If I would have known earlier I could have had a room ready for you.” A lie of course I have a big ass house let’s be honest and I have one or 2 quest rooms already set up just in case so that is not an issue for me. it’s just i'm trying to buy time to see how I am going to play this all out. 

“No problem at all I could stay in your room for the time being.” Her eyes lit up. F-U-C-K my asshole right there and then. Fuck. Think you old bastard think. 

“With Chloe moving in with us we are all currently moving rooms around because you know the baby is coming and all that. Um let’s go and see what we can do yeah?” I turned and walk away, didn’t wait for a reply because I fucking pantic. Me a fucking doctor who has to make life changing decisions within seconds pantic. Yeah Chloe is most definitely not going to like this. We stopped by a taco stand and picked food up on the way. Of course I got Chloe some food hopefully with the sight of food she would not be as mad as me as I hope. Once we got to my house I heard Sandra whistle. 

“Cole told me how you were living but to actually see it in real life is something else.”

“Hard work pays off I guess.” Once we got inside my house she was more memorized. I told her to have a look around and I made my way to my bedroom where I knew Chloe would be at. She was sound asleep on our bed. I tried a couple of times to wake her up so she could have some food in her belly but that was not happening. She was out cold. My Chloe sure does love her sleep and food. Walking downstairs I see that she helped herself out to my beer and liquor. In the background playing was guns n roses.

“Remember when we first met this song was playing and you dedicated it to me right there and then saying it would forever be our song.” I smiled at the long lost memory.

“Yeah and I tried to be smooth and lean over in my drivers seat to kiss you but got the milkshake spilled all over me instead.” We both started laughing at that. She pour us both a shot.

“No thank you I don’t really do liquor. That was just there for show.”

“Come on willy live a little. We deserve this.” Sighing I threw the shot down and that sweet hard burn down my throat warmed my body. We ate, talked some more about our past, did more shots, at some point she got some beer out and I got my bottle of wine. At the end of the night I was really fucked up and she was to. I looked over to see her already nodding off about to fall off the couch. I caught her and she fell against me and then everything turned black.

I woke up to the smell of...what is that bacon and pancakes? Groaning I tried to move but I couldn’t. When I opened my eyes I saw that Sandra was still passed out on top of me. When did this happen? In all honesty the only thing that I remember was us eating and talking about the past, a couple of beers and wine and then nothing everything blacked out. Slowly making sure I didn't wake her rolled her to the side so I was able to get out. 

Fuck Chloe must be in the kitchen making breakfast and if she is making breakfast than that means she seen me and if she seen me than she saw Sandra to. Like i said before fuck my in the asshole right then and there. I got up and made my way to the kitchen. There she was wearing nothing but a sweater. She must have felt my eyes on her because she turned around and smiled at me. She fucking smiled yeah i’m so soooooo much in fucking trouble right now.

“Hey chlo bear good morning.” 

“Good morning Dr. Addams.” She went back to cook. I raised an eyebrow at her and was about to ask her why she is acting like that when I felt a hand on my shoulder. 

“Goodmorning Chloe baby, how are you feeling?” Sandra removed her hand from my shoulder to replace it with her head and wrapped her arm around my bicep. Chloe turned around and I shit you not a tick I didn’t even realize she had popped out of her forehead and her eyes darken but as fast as it happened was as fast as it went away.

“Goodmorning Sandra and great thank you for asking.” she made breakfast for us all and the tension in the air was so bad you can legit cut a knife with it.

“If you all will please excuse me. I want to go visit Cole a bit before he starts to get some visitors.” 

“Of course sweetie have all the time you want. We will check in later whenever you are ready.” Sandra answered for me before I could even say a word. Chloe didn’t look and or acknowledge me after our greeter earlier. And what the fuck is with Sandra she acting like I don’t know how to say if but you can see where I am going with this. I excused myself to go freshen up. Once in my room I looked around and noticed all of Chloe's things were gone. What the actually...breathe William breathe. I tried calling Chloe but it all went to voicemail. How am I going to explain all of this to her if she doesn’t give me a chance.