chapter 7

William POV 

After Chloe left Cole came up a few minutes after. Drying his hair with his towel he looked at me. 

“Did she already leave?” He asked, looking around. I can see the hope in his eyes, hoping that she was still here. That made me feel even more like shit. I’m a shit father for what i did to my son and i can't help but not feel guilty for what i did. I had fallen for Chloe the first moment he brought her home that much is true. Over the past few years I have seen how Cole was treating her. This is the first time he actually got caught but believe me this had happened more than once with different girls. It was bound to happen and i could have stopped her from going to see 

Cole, i could have told her someone came and picked him up or whatever excuse i would have made up on his behalf but i was tired of it. Chloe didn’t deserve to be living this way any longer. She might be young but she is very mature for her age. I had the privilege of seeing her grow as a person. Working double shifts plus being a full time med student. If anyone could do it I know she would. I can see the greatness in her.

Cole on the other hand dropped out of college. Claiming he needed a year off to find his calling. I thought him being a lawyer was set and stone but i guess he has other plans. Another thing Chloe doesn't know.

“A warning next time would have been great dad.” He told me crossing his arms. It would have been at the moment I was shocked when she was at my doorstep. What did my son want me to do, slam the door in her face and run downstairs to tell her? Cole and I have had a rocky start at first. There was a time where he didn’t trust me at all, but that is to be expected since i was absent most of his life which makes what i just did that much harder for me. It was like an eternal battle. I love my son. There is doubt in my being that, that isn't true. I would lay my life on the line for him but the feelings for Chloe are also there. I would eventually tell Cole what had happened but I need to talk to Chloe to see what she thinks about it and to figure out what this is. Whatever Chloe decides I stand behind her but also i would top seeing her if that is what Cole wants. I just hope he can see that she didn’t leave him for me and that what we did was out of the blue we weren’t planning on doing what we did. It’s a mess ok it’s just one big fucking mess. What have I done?

“But I guess it was for the best. You covered me all those others times and she was bound to find out. Plus I don’t think i could have done this much longer.”

“You shouldn’t have done it at all Cole. You should have been honest with her from the beginning. Yeah it also landed on me because i knew it was happening but you are also my son and i would do whatever it takes to keep you safe and ok, but you should also think of her, you know the person you spend the last four years with.”

“Woah woah woah dad whose side are you on.”

“All i am saying Cole she has been through some shit lately while you were out fucking different girls every other week. Maybe next time you will think things through.”

He glared his eyes at me. “What has she been through? Since when have you guys gotten so close.” I just shrugged my shoulders at him. He looked at me for a moment trying to figure something out. With a shake of his head he left leaving me alone in the kitchen with my own thoughts. Maybe this thing with Chloe was just a one time thing. Probably just needed to get it out of my system. Yeah that was probably it, just a itched that needed to be scratched after all of these years. No need to tell Cole and no need to further things with Chloe. It was a one time thing that's it. When I was in my bedroom I heard my phone chime. 

Chloe: Hey Dr. Addams are you busy?

William: No Chloe, just getting ready for bed. Everything alright?