chapter 21

Chloe POV

I was legit frozen in my spot the moment Coles’ mom had walked in. In all honesty I forgot about her. I know I know how can I forget about someone who I have known for the last couple of years, but she lives like hours away and I had only met her a couple of times so it slipped my mind. Plus I am pretty sure she does not know of our new living arrangement, the relationship, or the baby. Instinctively my hands went to my already slighted round belly. Her eyes went from Cole to my sudden movement to my belly. Fuck my in the asshole with no fucking lube I fucked up. Her face lid up like a christmas light. Fuck my asshole again she really doesn’t know anything. 

“I wish I found out I was going to be a grandma under better circumstances. Come here baby give me some sugar.” I started walking to her and she spinned up so her back was facing William and I just gave him the “What the fuck do we do look” and he just shook his head his eyes telling me don’t say anything. I know I shouldn’t feel hurt that he doesn’t want to correct her. To say sorry but I am the father of the baby. Was he ashamed of me of us...of our child that he doesn’t want his Ex to know about. Yeah I’m scared shitless about what she would say and or do but still come on dude where are your balls. And for a moment of thinking that way...of being so selfish to think of myself for this moment I looked at Cole and realized that this was the time or place to be having these thoughts. My best friend is in a coma for gods know how long and I need to focus on him and only him. 

Just wait you fucking asshole. The moment you wake up I do not care if you are in any pain or not I would be kicking your ass for scaring me shitless. No one and I mean no one would want to bury their best friend. Their person. That is exactly what Cole is my person. Meredith and christian popped in my head at that thought. Yeah we totally have that kind of relationship but you exclude the whole sex talk because I doubt Cole would want to hear how his father is in bed. But you know that would be a good way to fuck with him. I shall leave that in an unwrapped box in my mind for later. When she finished hugging me she rubbed her hand on my belly and I am not going to lie when I say it felt good. Ever since I started supporting this belly, belly rubs for to die for. Now I know why dogs like them all the time they feel great. She started asking the normal questions, How am I feeling? What am I having? How far along am I? Why did no one tell her? You know the usual. I answered them all and as for not telling her I told her we have been very busy with school, work and the move.

She totally understands but from here on out she wants to be involved in everything that we do regarding the baby. She asked when and if we are going to get married now that we have a child on the way and I couldn’t help but choke on the water I was drinking. Less than a second William was at my side patting and rubbing my back tilting my head back so I can get more air in my lungs. 

“Thank god that you have a doctor as a father in law am I right?”

I nervously laughed at her because what else am I to do. “Yeah thank god for that.” I looked at Cole again to see if there were changes because this is just a very uncomfortable situation for not only me but for William if him fidgety in his seat was any indication. Yeah mentally I don’t have time for this because let’s face it between having a child growing inside me, Cole getting ran over and keeping my shit together so William has this time to fall apart which he is in his own right because this is his son and I am just his girlfriend holding his child so I will be strong for the both of us. But it’s actually taking a huge as toll on me and I just want to sleep for days, weeks fuck even months.

“Let me know if anything changes. I am going to head home and take a nap. This is actually taking a lot out of me.” as if for the first time realizing that I am indeed pregnant and physically and mentally am in need of more than normal things like food and sleep to keep not only myself healthy but the baby William perked up and got to his feet. 

“Let me take you home. You should not drive in your condition.” I shook my head at him. He is needed here with Cole. I wouldn’t feel like shit if something happened for those 20 minutes he was away because he felt like he had to do this. 

“No no please stay here and keep me updated on our boy. I will be fine, don't worry about me.” He looked torn between having to stay and making sure I got home safe but he saw the stern look in my eyes and knew better than to fight me on this. He nodded his head and sat back down. I turned to Coles’ mother. “Sandra a pleasure as always when it comes to seeing you.”

“Likewise baby. I’ll see you later ok.” I nod my head and made my way out the door. I can’t wait to go home and sleep but of course not before I get the fattest most juiciest cheeseburger I can find.