chapter 17

Chloe POV

There she was just standing there looking at William and I joined hands. The next words that came out of her mouth isn’t what I expected.

“I knew eventually you guys were going to find each other.” She said with a sigh. I looked at her just as confused as William. When she noticed none of us were going to say a word she continued. “It was the same week Cole introduced you to his dad. A couple of days later when William came over to the house for a family dinner to get to know one an other he could not take his eyes off you. He looked at you like you hold the heavens. From that day on when ever we have get togethers I noticed his eyes never strayed from you. Eventually as you started getting older when he wasn’t looking at you, you were looking at him with that same star struck look. I’m not upset by this sudden relationship like I said I expected it. What I did not expect was the pregnancy.” She then looked to William. “If you could please excuse us I would like to speak to my daughter alone.” He looked at me to see if it was ok and man was it the sweetest thing. I know if I were to ask he would stay. But right now was not the time. I wanted no I needed to hear what she had to say so I just nod at him. At first he was hesitant to leave me alone with her but with one stern look he eventually left leaving my mother and I alone.

“So what happened that night.” I just wanted answers, too just be done with this whole ordeal so I can move on with my life and just be happy.

She sighed and started talking. “ I know I have not been there for you like a mother should her daughter but I swear everything I’ve done was for you. I might have went about it the wrong way but I swear. And as soon as things started changing with Peter I used him as an excuse to get you out of the house.”

“What do you mean?” She looked down not able to see my eyes anymore. Like the thought of her actually seeing her daughter would hurt her.

"For the last couple of years I have been using drugs behind your back." To say I am surprised would be a gosh darn understatement. Drugs like actual fucking drugs. Who the fuck knew because I sure in hell didn’t. “It was just the stress of being a single mom at the time and you telling me about your dreams and what you wanted to become that really got me thinking and the more I thought about it the more stress I become. And that is how Peter came into my life. He was my supplier at first but next thing you know I fell in love, well what I thought was love at the time. As you got older he started seeing your more like a women than a child. My child. Once it was your senior year of high school he came at me telling me that he wanted you. And like a shit mother I am I agreed but that was when Cole entered your life so there wasn’t much we could do able it without causing a scene or letting people know. As the years went on and I saw what a wonderful women you were turning out to be and how close you are on achieving your dreams but I also noticed the distance between you and Cole and if I’ve noticed than Peter must have as well. Right then and there is when I knew I had to get my own shit together. I started sobering up slowly without him knowing because I know he would force me after all the progress I had made. The night I called you I really was in trouble. He noticed I haven’t touched that stuff and I was working more to avoid being home and I had no one else. If I knew you were pregnant Chloe I would have never called you I swear. Your my baby hold my grand baby and I would protect you at all cost. By the time we came to the hospital and the cops were here Peter called me from jail threading to expose me to my work and to the cops about me being a drug user and a drug dealer and again shit mom aware goes to me for thinking about myself for that moment. But as soon as they said you were pregnant everything changed and I told the cops everything from me used to doing drugs from the phone call to him attacking you.” She finally looked up and looked me in the eyes holding my hands with hers. “I’m sorry Chloe. I know there is nothing in the world that can justify my action. But just know that I love you baby I will always love you and if it wasn’tq for you I would continue down that wrong path. So thank you for saving my life Chloe.” By the time she was done I was in tears. Me almost being a mother can some what understand. I mean we are no where as close as we use to be and there is still some trust issues between us but now I understand her more and hopefully from this day on things will be better be between us.