Chapter 16

Chloe Pov

Fuck why am I in so much pain? Where am I? What happened? I opened my eyes but closed right away because the light blinded me. Groaning at the sudden headache that was comin my way I whined. I honest to the fucking world whine like I was a child calling for my mother. 

“Fuck can someone turn of the light.” I Whispered. Man my throat felt like I ate fucking sand paper.  

“Chloe baby you're awake. How are you feeling?” Willam’s calm voice was at my side in a flash.

“Great why wouldn’t I?” And then it hit me. My mom called me, Peter hitting me, Cole fighting. “Shit.” I tried sitting up but of course my body gave in and I went back down. “Is my baby ok?”

“Shh shh shh yes relax everything is ok.”

“Hey Chlo bear, you need to take a chill pill, your monitor is going crazy.” At the sound of Cole’s voice I felt myself visibly relax. 

“Cole, are you ok?” His laugh reassured me that he was. 

“I should be asking you that question.”

“What happened after I passed out.” Cole explained everything to me and how my mom was acting when the cop  was here. “They are going to need your statement and want to know if you want to press charges.” 

“Fuck yeah she is going to press chsrges.” I looked at William. All of my years of knowing him I never seen him mad before. So it’s nice to have someone so demanding and protective of me. I like this possessive side of him.

“Call down old timer. I want to talk to my mother first. You know to make sure she is ok.” William muttered under his breath with the line along “I’ll show you old timer.” I was shaking my head at him but had to stop because of the ongoing headache. 

Cole looked like he wanted to say something but decided against it.

“I’ll call her and let her know you want to talk to her. In the meantime i’ll head to your house and start packing for you roomie.” He winked at me.

“Ok but when you pack my unde-”

“Yeah yeah I know make sure your underwear is folded and rolled. It’s weird but I got this.”

“Really folded and rolled.” I shrugged my arms at william. 

“I like what I like.”

Cole left and it was just William and I. It has only been a day since I last saw him and he looked like he aged about 20 years. He had bags under his eyes, clothes were wrinkled, he had a shadow beard going on, and his hair looked like he ran his hand through it one to many times. In all of my years of knowing him I never saw him look so vulnerable. I felt bad that I caused him to be in this state.

I was lost in my thoughts about him when he started talking. The sudden noise coming from his voice startled me causing him to stop.

“Sorry didn’t mean to scare you.”

“It’s ok, It’s been a rough 24 hours.” He nodded his head in understanding.

“I have never felt that kind of fear before not until I got that phone call from

Cole that you were here. Thankfully luck was on my side and I only had about 15 minutes left on the surgery I was performing. It just felt like my whole world had stopped Chloe. I know we just started this relationship but I know deep in my gut that this is it for me. There is and will not be anyone else. I love you Chloe.” I sucked in a deep breath this was the first time he had said those words to me. I know I feel the same way. The feelings I have for William are nothing like I had for Cole. Cole was just someone I was comfortable with and we decided to give the relationship a go since we were always together but not with William no. With him I feel like a woman. He motivates me that of a man would a women not a boy with a girl. He understands where I come from and understands me better than most. Ultimately I do feel the same I really do. 

“I love you too.” I managed to choke out with fresh tears coming down my face. We talked for a good hour until there was a knock on the door. I called out for them to come in and guess who walked in ding ding ding you are right my mother. She stopped half way when she saw my hand in Williams. She had a confused look on her face. The next words that came out of her mouth were not what I expected.