chapter 35

Chloe POV

The last few months of my pregnancy has been a wild one. William thankfully was patient with me the whole time no matter how many times I’ve yelled and cried in front of him. He loved me through and through. As for Cole after everything that had happened with the unknown of his child or not moved out. He didn’t give us a real reason as to why he wanted to move out he just said he needed to clear his head and figure things out but that was it. I wish he would have stayed with us though because it’s been lonely there at the house when William is at work. Other than homework keeping me busy there really isn’t anything else for me to do. 

As for Sandra no one that I know of bothered to call to check up on her so we are assuming she is doing ok. As for my mom she comes and goes but she is trying to be better...do better for herself so she can be a better mother and grandmother and I could not be any more prouder of her than I already am. I am currently in the kitchen looking for some pickles and peanut butter oooh how my mouth just watered at the thought that is until there was a sharp pain under my belly that knocked my breath away. I hurried and grabbed on to the counter to steady myself before the next one came. What the flying fucking shit is this. I am not due till next week, it's too early right? Right? Fuck me.

If things could not get any worst my fucking water broke. It would break when I am home alone with William being at work and Cole living god knows where fuck what to do what to do. As slowly as possible I started making my way toward the phone I called Cole and hopefully he would answer.

“Hello?” He sounded like he was asleep.

“Cole, I need you to come take me to the hospital NOW.” Fuck another contraction was coming, if he didn’t get here soon then I will be having this baby by myself here at the house. 

“Shit I’m on my way.” He hung up the phone but not before the basement door open and he came through it. 

“What the fuck Cole.”

“What? I got home sick so I came home last night. You're lucky I did.” He picked me up bridal style and carried me to his car. Once I was settled he went back in and grabbed the baby bag and mine that also had william stuff in there as well. He was already on the phone by the time he came back in the car. “Yeah I know dad, I know. We are leaving right now.” He hung up the phone and looked at me. “He said hang in there and he is going to call someone else to finish up his surgery so he can be there waiting for you.” I know what he is saying is sweet and all but I don’t give a flying fuck right now. At this point I am going to give birth in this fucking car if he doesn’t hurry up. 

Seeing my face he must read between the lines because he took off but he took his time to not cause any accidents. “Cole, I don’t think I can hold this baby in me for much longer. It’s ready to come out.” With that I had the urge to push no matter how hard I tried to hold it in, it was not working for me. Thankfully since it is summer time and I got so fat that all I wear is summer dresses with no panties or bras because they are too restricting in this heat. I put my feet on the dashboard and pushed and pushed and pushed. Once I felt her head I readied my hands to catch her. At some point Cole had pulled over and was at my side. I didn’t realize my foot was on his shoulder and he had a baby blanket ready by my hands.

“You can do it Chloe with just one more push.” I know what he is saying is suppose to be encouraging but it’s really not.

“If you don’t shut the fuck up Cole I swear on all holy I will fucking kill you.” His face paled and he said nothing else. And with that one final push I heard the sweetest cry in the whole entire world. Still connected to me I pushed down my dress not caring that I am exposing myself to Cole since it's nothing he hasn’t seen already and he placed her on my chest for some skin on skin contact. He made sure we were ok before he got in the driver seat and headed for the hospital. He was on the phone via bluetooth talking to the hospital about what happened to have them ready outside when we got there. He also called his dad and Willaim said he’ll be waiting for us outside as well. 

True to his word once we pulled up William and the rest of the crew where waiting there with a gurney and a baby box. Once William cut the cord he took our daughter and Cole helped me out of the car and onto the gurney. After that everything happened so fast I couldn’t keep track of it. Mentally and physically I was exhausted. I just told William to watch over our daughter before I let the doctor and nurse separate us and work on me. 

What felt like days were probably hours by the time I opened my eyes I was already in a room. With groggily eyes I looked around and saw a nurse holding my baby. “Is she awake?” I got up in a seating position so I could hold my daughter but I didn’t expect to see was Sandra dressed in a nurse's outfit holding my daughter.