Chapter 19

William POV

Having Chloe here laying down right next to me is like a dream I didn’t know came true. After the fuck feast that we just had she is sound asleep in my arms. My hand is running up and down her belly. I still can not believe that she is pregnant with my child. At this point in my age I haven't put much thought into me being a father shit ever since I had cole I hadn’t thought about being a father again. Then here is Chloe giving me something I didn’t realize I needed. I looked over to the clock I have on my night stand and realized it’s already 2 in the morning. I should probably hit the hay. The moment I had closed my eyes my phone started to ring. I reached over to silence it because I didn’t want to wake Chloe.

I whispered as I answered the phone. “Hello.”

“Dad?”

“Cole what’s the matter buddy?”

“I’m a little too drunk right now can you pick me up?” I sighed realizing that I would have to leave Chloe to go pick up Cole. 

“Alright I’ll be right there.” He texted me his location and I got up and started getting ready.

“Where are you going?” I paused mid pants to look over to find a very naked Chloe sitting down rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.

“Cole is drunk, he needs a ride home.” A soft sigh left her lips.  

“Very well. Let me get dress.”

“You don’t have t-”

“We are going.” Shaking my head because I know better than to pick a fight with a pregnant lady. 

Once we got to the club Cole was at he was already waiting outside. From where I was at I can see he can barely stand up straight. I got out with Chloe right behind me. 

“Daddy-O” He said once he saw me.

“Cole’ I said sternly. As a father I don’t like seeing my kid like this. 

“Chloe baby. Ha baby get it because you are having a baby...my dad’s baby. My sister. Woah that’s trippy.”

“Cole let’s get you to the car.” Chloe had reached for his hand but he pulled back before she could get him.

“I’ll race you.” He bopped her on the nose and took off running in the direction of the car. He didn’t see the car driving over the speed limit and both Chloe and I shouted his name but he wasn’t looking at us no he was looking at the car driving towards him. It was like everything moved in slow motion. I tried with all my might to get to him, to push him out of the way but it was too late. I wasn't fast enough. Cole’s body was laying on the cold pavement. All I could hear was my heavy breathes and the frantic beating of my heart. I crouched down on my knees in front of Cole my lips trembling as I look at him. His face was emotionless and was laid limp to the side. Professionally I knew better than to touch him like this. To move him. That would cause more damage than what is already done. It took all the strength in me no to. This was my son my baby. With shaking hands I pulled myself together and checked his pulse. It was low but it was still there.

“Stay with me Cole.” I pleaded as I wiped his bloody cheek. I leveled his feet so the blood can keep flowing and as if reading my mind Chloe ran to me with my medical bag I keep in my car with her. I did everything I could possibly think of from checking his pupils to hearing his heart. By the time the ambulance finally got there I prayed to anyone who would be listening to please don’t take my son away.

“Go ride with them and I will follow you.” Chloe said I know she is trying so hard to be brave for me and now show any emotion but I know she is hurting just as much as me right now but I am thankful she isn’t falling apart right now. I don’t think I could handle that right now. I nodded my head at her and walked the opposite direction, sitting in the back of the ambulance holding Cole’s hand in mine.