Rage (Richard & Miles)

*This made me tense while writing it and I expect you to be tense as me lol*

It's true Miles was told to stay so he technically defied orders. But everyone is alive, so it's not a big deal.

Richard had been pulling on his fur the whole time back. The silence would usually be filled with Dutch's stupid humor, not this time.

Everyone is painfully silent. He wanted to break it, but the part that sends signals for his mouth to talk wouldn't work. The air is tense and uncomfortable.

Miles fought with his brain, "Richard-" He quickly cut himself off and looked away when the captain spun around stomping his confidence with a glare.

He felt small, well, smaller.

Maybe his brain did know better...

When the helicopter finally landed, Richard surprisingly grabbed Miles's arm in an almost painful grip. He yanks him off.

He was not looking forward to where Richard was going to take him.

No one tried to calm the captain down, no one ever wanted to even speak when Richard got pissed off.

He's never actually been in this room, It was square shaped and only had a wide narrow cold table and two metal chairs. Richard shoves him into the left one. The captain doesn't sit however, instead he smacks the table harshly, making Miles jump a bit.

"Did I not fucking tell you to stay in the helicopter?!"

Miles shrank in his seat, intimated by Richard's rage.

"Yeah but-"

"Am I asking for excuses?!"

"This isn't fair, Anne didn't have to stay behind!" He didn't know why his mouth chose this time to shoot out instead of being quiet.

"She's a higher rank than you!"

"Why the hell did I have to come along then?!"

"In case we needed backup!"

Richard's claws scraped a bit on the table but enough for Miles's ears to flatten in displeasure from the painful noise.

"Then why are you so goddamn angry?!" His brain screamed at him to just be quiet.

"Did we call for backup?!"

Miles fell silent, no, he left on his own.

He's startled when the table makes another loud noise.

"No." He leaned his head back wondering when things would go back to normal.

"Then why did you disobey orders?!"

Miles internally groaned, "Because I wanted to help!"

Richard groans in irritation, "I swear to god, it's like talking to a broken record player."

"Are we done yet?" Miles felt exhausted from hearing Richard yell at him, he wanted to go to bed.

He gives him a look of disbelief.

"Are you fucking serious? Of course not."

"But I'm tired...Just get to the end of it."

Richard grumbles inaudible things, then deeply inhales.

"Put your helmet and weapons on the table."

Naturally Miles wanted to complain that he wanted to put his stuff away in his room but he didn't. He did what he was told.

Richard points at a corner, "Corner."

"Richard! I'm a grown man!"

He glares down at him. "I'm not going to physically punish you."

Miles was exhausted but could still recognize this as a form of mercy.

He hears Richard grab the items off the table and leave the room.

A few hours passed and he knew better than to get up and leave himself.

After 30 minutes he hears the door open, but judging by the footsteps, he knew it wasn't Richard. It was Anne.

She grabs his arm tiredly, "Captain sent me to bring you to your room."

Miles is too tired to complain that he can do that himself.

"Miles you seriously need to think these things through more..." Anne mumbled.

Miles grunts in response.

"I should warn you...Richard has suspended you from further missions until further notice."

"Cool." He drones out.

That explains why Richard took his stuff.

Miles kicks his door shut after waving bye to Anne. He drags himself to his bed and flops on it. He doesn't bother to take off his boots or change his clothes.

He just goes to sleep while being disappointed in himself for managing to make Richard angry at him.

When you feel bad for Miles but enjoy writing angry Richard