cold in the middle

"good morning my babies" taehyung said walking into the lounge to see jungkook with them watching TV. it was 5:00am in the morning and they had been woken up by the babies crying. haru was only still a few months old, he was kicking his feet around and blabbering about everything and everyone. 

yuri was crawling everywhere, slowly walking, pulling herself up on everything and standing. it was the cutest sight and most of jungkook's camera roll was of her trying to walk. this was not the first time they woke up super early in the morning either, the couple did not mind even thought they felt really tired. 

"have they been fed?" taehyung asks jungkook who nods cuddling with yuri who had fallen back asleep. the brunette sits next to his husband, resting his head against his shoulder. he lets out a small smile when he feels familiar lips place on his forehead. 

"do you wanna stay here forever?" jungkook questions.

"sitting here, cuddling with our children, with each other, tannie sleeping on the couch by us." taehyung whispers 

"sounds like a dream" the male whispered back.

"do you think we are gonna get anywhere with the case today?" jungkook questioned

"i think we will, once we get to work im gonna ask the team what they found. then go talk to sherlys ex husband, then we could pop into that cafe that she apparently owns?" taehyung mentioned. 

"thats not a bad idea" taehyung smiled at his husbands reply and walked over to haru, picking him up and walking upstairs to get him changed. 

"okay team, its been atleast 15 hours now? what do we have?" jungkook asked 

"so sherly owns a restaurant that has two people working, there is a lot of money on the restaurant" josh said handing them papers. 

"the gun that she was shot with came back" acacia said putting the picture of the gun on the board. 

"45 caliber" jungkook whispered. "thats a very common gun, especially with murders."

"her body is getting examined tomorrow afternoon" nico said handing them a paper with the information on it. 

"finger prints were found in her house, hers, dorothys, marshalls, her ex husbands and a friend of hers that goes by the name of marie" garrett said. 

"its definitely a good start" taehyung said looking at the board. 

"we printed off the pictures of all these people and put them on this board" nico said flipping the board over. 

"marshalls whereabouts checks out, he had not visited his mother in two weeks and had been teaching during the week she was found" acacia said crossing out marshall. 

"interesting" jimin replied. 

"okay so we have to still talk to the ex-husband and go from there" jungkook stated. 

"did you guys get to talk to the neighbourhood at all?" taehyung asked. 

"yeah they heard no gunshot at all, not a single person" 

"okay" taehyung nodded. 

"chief jeon and I will go to talk to the ex" taehyung said grabbing his coat. 

"I have a off feeling about this kook" taehyung whispered to his husband who nodded. 

"I do too".