chapter forty-seven

"Vinnie I need you to come over as soon as you can." Aaliyah spoke into the phone with a very matter of fact tone.

"Okay. What's wrong? Are you okay? Do I need to bring my Glock?" Vinnie asked as he sat up in bed.

"No, you don't need your Glock, trust me." Aaliyah chuckled softly but he could still tell she was anxious.

"We'll be over soon." Vinnie said.

"Who exactly is we?" Aaliyah asked "Not that I care if you bring someone, just wondering."

"The only boy you love more than me." Vinnie said as he stood up and slid his shoes and a hoodie on.

"My baby?" Aaliyah asked, her mood immediately perking up at the mention of Kaiser.

"Yes, your baby." Vinnie smiled at the sound of his words leaving his mouth.

"Well in that case hurry. I'll see you soon, I love you boys." Aaliyah said into the phone, smiling at the sound of Kaiser yelling that "love you mommy" back in his baby voice.

——

"Hey baby." Vinnie said as he walked into the apartment and kissed her lips softly.

This clearly upset Kaiser as he started fighting Vinnie mid kiss. In his mind only he could give his mommy kisses.

"Don't hit daddy baby. You'll get mommy kisses too okay?" Aaliyah said, taking Kaiser from Vinnie's arms and giving him kisses too.

Aaliyah motioned for Vinnie to follow her to the bathroom. He walked close behind her and for some reason he got an odd feeling in his stomach. Not a bad kind, more like he was just jittery and excited.

"What's up?" Vinnie asked, looking down at the counter where she was pointing.

"You're lying. Baby, be serious." Vinnie said, taking Kaiser from Aaliyah as he whined for his daddy.

"I'm serious." Aaliyah said, trying to read his face to see what his thought process was.

Vinnie's mouth slowly creeped into a smile at the sight of a positive pregnancy test laying on the counter. Finally his dream was coming true.

"You're having a baby?" Vinnie teared up.

"I'm having your baby." Aaliyah emphasized the word "your."

"My baby." Vinnie whispered, pulling Aaliyah into a hug which turned into a group hug since Kaiser included himself in it as well.

Vinnie layed gentle kisses on Aaliyah's ear as they stood in each other's tight embrace. Vinnie couldn't be happier in this moment.

"Are you ready to be a big brother baby?" Aaliyah asked Kaiser.

"Yeah mommy!" Kaiser yelled in excitement even though he didn't understand a single word she said.

"Now to tell Bear." Aaliyah said.

"That's gonna be difficult. You should've seen her reaction to learning she would have a baby brother. She wasn't happy." Vinnie said.

"Maybe she'll be excited this time!" Aaliyah said with a smile.