chapter six

(a/n: mentions of attempted sexual assault and abuse)

It had been an hour since Vinnie arrived home with Kaiser who was laying contently in his daddy's arms and drinking his formula.

He was on the couch staring at the TV but not paying attention to anything that was playing on it. His thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door.

He opened it to see Emily, a complete mess. Her mascara was running, hair a mess, and her shirt was ripped. His eyes were wide as he stared at her.

"V-Vinnie." Emily sobbed.

"What happened to you?" Vinnie asked, letting her in the house.

As much as he hated her and everything she did, he couldn't let her be in pain. Especially since she was the mother of his kids.

"Some guy tr-tried to-"

"Everything's okay. I promise." Vinnie lay Kaiser down in his bassinet gently.

He distinctively wrapped Emily in his arms, holding her while she cried.

"Can I help you with anything?" Vinnie asked softly.

"Can I take a shower and borrow some money? I'll be gone before Bear is back but I need to get out of this town. For good." Emily sniffled into his chest.

"Yes, hold on." Vinnie answered as he picked Kaiser up "Follow me."

——

"Here, wear these clothes. Your other ones are ripped." Vinnie said, pointing to the neatly folded clothes on the end of the bed.

Emily quickly got dressed, looking around the room she had once slept in. She looked at all of her daughters things scattered in Vinnie's room. She was beyond thankful for him for making sure that his kids were secure. But she felt regret that she had left. That was her fault though and she knew Vinnie would never let her see them again, minus right now being as she was seeing Kaiser. She didn't deserve to see them after what she had done.

"This is $500. I'm sorry it isn't a lot of money. I wish I could give you more but it's all I have to spare. I can maybe cash app you more when I get paid." Vinnie said, handing her the cash.

"You don't need to give me more. This is more than enough. It'll take me awhile to pay you back though." Emily said, folding the cash and putting it in her purse.

"You don't need to pay me back. You gave me my happiness and that's enough." Vinnie said, glancing back at a sleeping Kai.

"Thank you Vinnie. I appreciate you for doing this and for taking care of our- sorry, your babies. They didn't deserve what I've done." Emily said, blinking the tears away.

"Be safe." Vinnie said, walking her down to the door.

"I will. Make sure the kids know I love them, I just can't be the mother they deserve and I'd rather not put them through that. They're happy with you." Emily said, patting his arm softly.

"Bear knows. It doesn't help much though, she's got a little attitude. But I'll make sure Kai knows." Vinnie said.

"Bye Vin." Emily waved as she got into the Uber Vinnie had payed for.

Vinnie waved back as she got in the car. He watched until the car had rounded the corner. He was sad, sad that he would never know where she was going and that his kids would never have the chance to know her. But he was also happy that her presence wouldn't bring any of them pain or heartache any longer.