chapter thirteen

"Vinnie c'mon. We're right here together. I want you." Emily whined annoyingly, making Vinnie turn over in his bed and look at Kaiser sleeping peacefully in his bassinet.

"We'll I don't want you." Vinnie answered.

"Fuck you. Literally fuck you." Emily said, throwing the blankets off of her and getting out of bed.

"You've done that plenty of times." Vinnie snorted.

The next thing he knew a hard object was thrown at him and if he hadn't acted quick enough it would've hit Kaiser.

Vinnie sprung up from his bed, instinctively shoving Emily into the hallway.

"If you ever put my child in danger like that again I will not hesitate to rock your shit. Get the hell out of my house and never fucking come back again." Vinnie screamed, unaware they Bear was awake from the loud noises and was standing in the door of her room watching her dad yell at what was supposed to be her mom.

Emily's eyes were wide, her back pressed against the wall, and her mouth open.

"I-I'll go." Emily said, slipping around the corner and walking down the stairs with Vinnie trailing close behind her.

As Emily put her shoes on Vinnie pulled out a 20 dollar bill from his wallet.

"Is this enough to keep you the hell away from me?" Vinnie asked.

"Yes." Emily muttered.

"Good. Now go fuck up someone else' life and not mine." Vinnie said, slamming the door in her face and locking it.

He turned around and went up the stairs to find an upset looking Bear at the top of the stairs.

"What happened?" Bear asked as Vinnie picked her up.

"Adult things honey. Things you wouldn't understand. Just know she's gone and you and Kaiser are safe with daddy now." Vinnie said, laying Bear down in his bed.

"I wanna go night night daddy." Bear said, curling into the pillows on his side of the bed, which he knew indicated that she wanted to lay on his chest to sleep.

"We're going night night baby." Vinnie replied and layed her on his chest, both of them falling asleep together.

———

"Aaliyah may I speak to you?" Vinnie asked from the doorway as Bear went to her seat.

"Yes." Aaliyah looked up with a smile on her face.

Aaliyah walked in the hallway, standing in front of Vinnie.

"I wanted to let you know that I'm not with her. I never will be again and if I'm going to be honest I kissed her. I don't know why. I don't love her anymore and after some issues I had with her last night I don't care about her. I care about you and I want to be with you." Vinnie said, taking her hand in his.

"You want to be with me?" Aaliyah asked.

"Yes, I do." Vinnie nodded, confident in his answer.

"I want to be with you too Vinnie, I just don't exactly want a title on what we have. I wanna do couple things with you and be your girlfriend officially when I feel like we're both ready." Aaliyah answered.

"I know and when you're ready for me, I'll be ready for you." Vinnie nodded, glancing down at her lips.

"Well then I'll let you know. I still wanna hang out with you and your kids though." Aaliyah said.

"I'd love that. Do you have plans this weekend?" Vinnie asked.

"No, I don't have any plans this weekend." Aaliyah answered, rubbing her thumb across his knuckles.

"Well can my kids and I be your plans?" Vinnie asked.

"Only if you kiss me right now." Aaliyah said.

Vinnie looked at her intently and without a second thought he leaned down and locked his plump lips with her plump lips. If he thought he felt butterflies with Emily at 16 during their first kiss then what he felt with Aaliyah was atomic bombs.

"So I guess I'm your plans now?" Vinnie asked as he pulled away.

"I guess you are." Aaliyah smiled wide.

"Well I'll see you then. Have a good day in class." Vinnie said, slapping her butt as she turned to walk in the classroom.

Thankfully there was no one else in the hallway. He winked at her and walked down the hallway with the biggest smile on his face.