chapter twenty two

"Are you sleepy baby?" Vinnie asked Bear, who's head was on his shoulder.

"Yeah daddy." Bear whispered back.

"We're going back to the hotel." Vinnie said, looking over at Aaliyah who looked just as tired as she carried Kaiser.

"Baby let me have Kaiser. I know your back hurts." Vinnie said, scooping Kaiser up into his other arm.

Kaiser had called asleep about 10 minutes ago. Vinnie was happy knowing his babies had fun. Babies, including Aaliyah.

"Daddy did you get my stuffed animals?" Bear sat up right very quickly, looking around frantically for the stuffed animals Vinnie had bought both of his kids.

"Aaliyah has them honey. You can have them when we get to the hotel. Daddy promises. Since your sleepy we can swim tomorrow in the morning after breakfast." Vinnie said, kissing her head as she layed it back down on his shoulder

——

"They're asleep." Vinnie said as he closed the door to the second bedroom in the hotel room.

When he turned to look at Aaliyah, his breath caught in his throat at what she was wearing. The red silk of her lingerie made him harden. He quickly turned away to avoid look at her, she had no idea he was watching her and if she would have he'd be embarrassed.

"Oh good!" Aaliyah turned around to see his head turned and the raging hard on in his pants.

"Yeah, um I'm gonna take a um shower." Vinnie cleared his throat.

He started towards the bathroom but was stopped by her hand wrapping around his wrist. He turned his head to her, quickly looking away.

"Baby." Aaliyah said, gently pulling him to her.

"Hmm?" Vinnie hummed as he looked at nothing but her face.

"You aren't doing a very good job of hiding it." Aaliyah said softly, cupping her hand around his bulge.

He cleared his throat and simply blinked. Yes, they had been together for awhile and were living with one another but they'd never had sex.

"I know how to be quiet." Aaliyah whispered, her lips brushing against his ear.

The comment only made him gulp and look up at the bed and back down to her.

"Are you sure you're ready?" Vinnie asked.

"I'm ready. Are you ready?" Aaliyah asked, removing her hand from him.

"I- um. I don't know." Vinnie answered, fiddling with his thumbs.

Aaliyah backed away from, quickly sliding his shirt over her body since it was long enough to cover her up.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have just touched you like that. I should've asked, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable." Aaliyah rambled, gasping when he turned her face to look at him.

"Baby you didn't make me uncomfortable and it's okay that you touched me. I just don't know if I want to have sex with the kids here." Vinnie said, cupping her face and kissing her as reassurance that he wasn't upset.

Aaliyah nodded softly once he pulled away, turning away again and tucking a piece of hair behind her ear.

"You can take a shower like you said, I'm gonna lay down." Aaliyah said.

"You don't wanna shower with me?" Vinnie asked.

"No I'm fine, if Kaiser wakes up someone will need to be here. I'll take one in the morning." Aaliyah said, crawling under the covers.

Vinnie nodded, walking toward the bathroom. He hated how awkward everything felt right now. It was eating him up and he was trying to find every way on earth to blame himself for it. He didn't even realize he was just standing by the bathroom door completely frozen.

He shook his head and walked into the bathroom, getting in the shower.