Reunited

Y/N

"Who's a selfish asshole?"

When I hear my dads question all of us look at him. I couldn't see my face but I knew it showed shock and a few tears from the argument with Joon.

Knowing how bad of a liar I am with my dad I decide what I am going to do.

"Guys could you give my dad and I some privacy?"

Everyone leaves the room and and dad comes to sit in the chair beside the bed.

"What's wrong y/n? Were you talking about your soulmate?"

"No it's not about my soulmate, it's about Jack."

When Jacks name come out of my mouth, my dads eyes light up.

"You've talked to him? How is he?"

"Wow I wasn't expecting you to react like that. It's been three years with no contact from him, why do you sound so worried?"

"He's my son why wouldn't I be worried about him, especially because of the reason he left."

"What do you mean because of the reason he left. Did you talk to you before he left?"

"Yes he did. He didn't want to leave but because it was for his work I told him to."

"And you didn't think to tell me this!?"

"It wasn't my place to say."

"Wasn't your place! I have resented Jack for the last three years thinking he left on his own free will not caring about us. How was it not your place to say!?"

"It involved Jacks job so only few people could know about it."

"Well apparently his job is done."

"What do you mean?"

"He's the reason I'm in the hospital. He showed up to the company with a wedding invitation. We had a fight and I pulled away from him which caused me to fall. He actually left the hospital when you landed in Korea," I say as I grab my phone.

As I am talking to my dad I text the group to have Jack come to the hospital.

"A wedding invitation, he's getting married!?"

"Yeah to a girl named Olivia."

We continue to talk about Jack, my job, and my dad even asked if I have found my soulmate. Before I could answer there is a knock on the door.

"Come in"

I hear the door close and Jack slowly enters the room. When dad sees Jack he hurriedly goes to him, hugs him, and starts asking him questions.

As my dad interrogates Jack, he looks at me and I can see the guilt and worry in his eyes just like Joon said he looked.

I clear my throat to get my dad attention.

"I also have a few questions for Jack."

Jack sits down in the chair furthest away from me.

"You can come closer."

After I say this he gets up and sits in the other chair next to the bed.

"Dad said you had left because your job. I thought your job doesn't have you do field agent work?"

"It doesn't, but I had to with this assignment. I can't tell you much about it, but they needed a field agent and me to do the job and couldn't tell anyone. They gave me special permission to tell dad about me leaving for an assignment but nothing and no one else."