Color Scheme: Operation Outdoor Laser Tag pt. 3

Joon

"May the best man win" was the last thing y/n said to me before our teams separated.

"You know how Tae said that the look y/n gave to the girls is something he wouldn't want to experience?" I ask the guys.

"Yeah I remember what I said a hour ago, and it looks like she gave you the same look too," Tae retorts.

"Do you still find her expression cute after having experienced it first hand?" Hobi asks.

"Yes, but more of an intimidating cute. Like red pandas when they get on their hind legs to look more intimidating, but they just end up looking even more adorable," I reply quickly as I see y/n's friends come join us and the rest of our team.

The whole team came to the consensus that we would pair up and go for the opposing flag while a few pairs stays to guard the flag.

When we decided to pair up, with my luck the guys betrayed me and teamed up with one of the girls which left Bu Geon and I to be paired together. I couldn't help but give all the guys a death glare and start to think of what I can do to get back at all of them for leaving me with Bu Geon.

When the whole team had found a partner the team decides that Bu Geon and I should stay and guard the flag.

It has been half way through the round and no one from the opposing team has come near our flag so there hasn't been much for us to do other than stand guard in awkward silence. The silence is eating at me so I decide to do something that I will most likely regret in the future.

"So Bu Geon, you're the only guy in your group. How did that happen."

"I've worked with y/n for the last two and half years so we've become pretty close."

"Ah okay,"

Before I could ask more questions it starts to snow covering the ground, where if a person wasn't careful they could slip. And I soon hear the crunch of shoes in snow and a fallen tree branch snap about 15-20 feet away from us and look around our pallet to see who it was.

Y/N

Jungkook and I have been doing well shooting people as we near the other teams flag. We are about 30 feet away when it starts to snow and covers the ground.

"We need to make sure we are careful and don't slip on the snow," I tell Jungkook as we are maneuvering from pallet to pallet.

We are about 20 feet away when I hear a tree branch snap behind me.

"Shit," Jungkook whispers as I turn around to look at him.

I decide to peek around the pallet we are behind to see if their guards heard us. As I peeked my head out I see what looks to be Joon poke his head out at the same time. Right as we lock eyes with each other we both move our heads back behind our pallets.

"What did you see?"

"I think it was Joon and seeing as their whole team are in pairs I guarantee you there is one more person with him. I don't think they saw you so what we are going to do is, you will stay right here as I move to the two pallets ahead to draw their attention towards me and once both are exposed I will signal and each shoot one then you run for the flag."

"Okay, sounds like a plan."

Joon

"What did you see?" Bu Geon asked me after I brought my head back behind the pallet.

"It was y/n, three pallets away. I don't see Jungkook with her so I think it's just her."

"Okay, she will probably run to the pallets ahead of her and not be aiming in our direction so while she runs will be the best time to shoot her."