Colorful Friendship

Y/N

It has been a week since I saw color. I walk by the coffee shop everyday hoping by some miracle my soulmate would be in there and I would be able to see color. But no miracle has happened.

I have been doing my best at work to not cause any problems with the debut of the new group two days ago we have been pretty busy. Now we are doing the final preparations for the award show that is coming up next month, but I know my coworkers have seen my change of demeanor.

My friend and colleague, Bu Geon rolls his chair over to me. "Hey, y/n are you okay? You have been out of it this whole week, did something happen over the weekend? Do you need someone to talk to about it?"

Bu Geon has been great friend ever since I started working here a little over two years ago and he has helped adjust to the change of living in Kansas my whole life to living in Seoul. If you didn't know us you would think we would be together but nothing has ever happened between us.

He talks a lot about the colors he sees while at work but never his soulmate, it's probably because work relationships are prohibited so he can't say who his soulmate is.

"I'm fine the girls and I have been having a marathon of all our favorite movies so I've just been tired." I look at him and smile hoping he will believe me.

He smiles back at me like he believes me but I can tell in his eyes he doesn't. Thankfully he changes the subject to my computer wallpaper that's of a red panda and cherry blossoms. I hope one day I can see color again and know what color the cherry blossoms are, I kind of get a gist of what color the red panda is as it is in the name.

"y/n, what made red pandas your favorite animal?"

"I don't know, I saw them at the zoo on a school trip and they looked so adorable, one even got on its hind legs to ounce on another which made them even cuter. I thought it was just them playing until I looked up that they get on their back legs to look more intimidating and I found it to be really cute."

When I finished talking all he did was smile at me.

"Can I ask you a question Bu Geon?"

"Sure. You can ask me anything."

"Can you see color now?"

"Yeah, why do you ask?"

"I have always wanted to know what color cherry blossoms were and see their color in person, but I don't think that will be anytime soon so could you tell me what color they are?"

After I asked the question I thought I saw his smile disappear for a second but it could have been my eyes deceiving me. But he replies with a small smile.

"The cherry blossoms on you wallpaper are pink."

"Thank you."

Everyone had to work late tonight and by the time we finished the sky was dark and rain started to fall. I sigh to myself knowing I didn't bring an umbrella with me so I'm going to have to walk in the rain to the bus stop.

As I wait by the exit watching the rain come down heavier I hear Bu Geon.

"y/n, do you need a ride? I can drive you home and it will save you on bus fare."

"That would be great anything to save me money and less time in the rain."

On the way to my place we listen to music and talk about work related stuff. Once he pulls up to my building  he gets out of the car with his umbrella and walks me to the entrance. Before he leaves I decide to ask him a question that I have been wanting to know for a while.

"I have another question."

"Shoot"

"It is about your soulmate, I know you never talk about her with me. Is it still alright to ask my question?"

This time I know for sure his smile disappears. Should I have not asked. He just nods his head letting me know it's alright to ask him my question.

"When did you meet her?"

"I first saw her a little over two years ago."

"One more?" I ask with my best puppy dog eyes.

He laughs, "Go ahead, ask away."

"You always talk about the color you see at work that means she works with us. You don't seem close with anyone else at work so who is it? Or can you not say because work relationships are prohibited?"

"All I can say is that she is closer to me than you think."

I look at him a little confused trying to think who it could be, but he just leaves me in my confusion with a smile on his face.

As he walks back to his car I yell to him.

"Mark my words Bu Geon I will figure out who it is one way or another."

"Sure you will. If you do you know where to find me," he says with a smirks as he gets in his car and leaves.

When I walk inside it's late and quiet so I try to be as quiet as I can while I head to my room so I don't wake up the others.

When I get in my room I almost have a heart attack because the first thing I see is Michaela in the dark sitting in a chair with only the light of the moon illuminating the room.

"Jesus Christ, Michaela you scared the shit out of me."

"Sorry. I was just waiting for you to see how you were doing, but it looks like you are in a good mood did something happen?"

This is when I noticed that talking to Bu Geon did lift my spirits hot got me out of my funk.

"Nothing much happened, I had to work late so Bu Geon gave me a ride home and he noticed I didn't look like my usual self so he helped cheer me up."

"Really! What did he talk about to cheer you up?"

"Red pandas and cherry blossoms."
"Really that was all he talked about and it cheered you up?"

"Yeah, I'm surprised myself." I can't help but yawn.

"It's late so I'm going to go to sleep and you should to. I'll see you in the morning," I say to Michaela as I shoo her out of my room.

As soon as my head hits my pillow I am fast asleep.