Chapter 74: gifts

Qi Xiao laughed while shaking her head and moves faster, she doesn't want to let her parents wait for too long.

Before the breakfast is served the others woke up simultaneously.

"Wow! Are we celebrating something?"

Qi Fan asks while salivating just by smelling the aroma.

"Do we have a new chef?"

Qi Yan asks while coming down.

They are not to blame though, Qi Xiao's cooking was honed very well while traveling, mixing spices and such was learned in different countries and she improved it with her own.

Qi Xiao came out of the kitchen bringing the food she made

"You guys woke up? just right on time! the food is ready!"

Han Yun who woke up late loudly says

"Little Xiao, why no one woke me up? are you guys planning to eat without me?"

The Qi look at the newly risen Han Yun and laugh

"We don't! I was planning to wake you up after I am done so we can eat all together!"

Han Yun squints her eyes at her best friend seeing her being sincere so she forgives her generously

"Fine, I will believe you! but no next time okay?"

"Yes, empress dowager!thank you for the generosity!"

Han Yun snort and gracefully sat down which makes the others laugh.

After the gratifying meal, Qi Feng kicked out his sons, ordering them to go to work.

The two look at their father and sigh while muttering

"You just want to haggle all little Xiao's food! greedy old man!"

Qi Feng's stern face reden because he was found out so he roars

"What did you say, you bastards?how about I will beat you till you turn blue!"

The two run away while apologizing, the mother-daughter watches them while laughing.

Han Yun wanted to stay but she still have something important today but, before leaving she ordered a packed lunch from Qi Xiao, making them speechless.

When she left Qi Feng say

"Being shameless is in their blood isn't it?"

Qi Xiao laughs and agrees with her father.

"Darling I have been meaning to ask you in a while now!"

Ye Fei suddenly asks so Qi Xiao waited

"It is already summer why still wearing turtle neck? Don't you feel hot?"

Qi Xiao froze and blush while silently cursing Han Min!

Of course, she felt hot but because of the bite mark so she did not dare wear a normal shirt!

"I am already used to it! I stayed in a conservative country for more than a year remember? ooh! Right! Mom wait a minute!"

Ye Fei believed in her and didn't think anything, Qi Feng came back panting after chasing his sons.

While stabilizing his breathing Qi Xiao returns pulling a luggage.

"Daughter? What happens? are you leaving again?"

He asks in panic.

Qi Xiao was confused for a while and giggled when she realized that her father is thinking too much,

"Dad no! These are the gifts I bought while I was traveling"

Qi Feng's heart finally settled down so he sat down beside his wife and excitedly wait.

Qi Xiao laughs again at his childish behavior and her heart felt warm at the same time.

"Dad see this? I bought it for the first country I came to, their crafts are very interesting and when I saw this I remember you!"

Qi Feng looks at the simple calligraphy brush and nods feeling that it looks really interesting!

Of course, he will agree on whatever his daughter says.

"Mom see this? this a simple coat I bought from safari country"

Ye Fei took the coat and smile while her eyes are turning red.

Looking at the luggage full of gifts she is certain that their daughter remembers them wherever she goes.