Chapter 9: run again

Qi Xiao left the village while it was still dark, she didn't know why she felt uneasy when she saw the chopper but her gut feeling told her that she should immediately leave.

So following the unexplained gut feeling, she left the simple and clean world she build in the village.

She buys two plane tickets at the airport, one is the furthest north and the other one is the furthest south.

But instead of riding a plane, Qi Xiao is now riding a train, to enter a neighboring country.

She stays in another country for 3 days and booked a ticket to go to her next location.

This time she chooses a huge and boisterous country.

When Qi Xiao left, just after two days a group of dark-clothed men came into their village.

The village chief welcomes them warmly but the leader is not interested so he asks directly

"Have you seen this woman?"

The village chief was startled because he talked fluently using their language

"This esteemed visitor, it's our first time seeing a foreigner who is fluent in our language! why not let us all have a tea and snack over there!"

The leader ignores him and asks again

"Have this woman come here?"

The village chief looks disappointed and looks at the picture

"Steemed guests our last visitor who visit us is about 3 months ago! and that was a man! I am sorry"

The leader knit his eyebrows and made a gesture with his subordinates,

The village chief keeps his smile even while looking at the men who are ransacking their small village.

They only check for 5 minutes.

"We didn't find anything or even sign and any proof that she has been here"

The leader noticed that they were finally done so he offer something again

"You hungry? why not eat first?"

The leader ignore him and just left.

The village chief sigh nervously when the group of men finally left and announce

"We are having another feast tonight!"

The villagers cheered but Ah-meng just shook her head and the worry in her eyes is visible.

"You didn't find her? I will give you one last chance! if you don't find her just scram out!"

The leader shiver when he heard a loud crash from the other side of the phone,

But Qi Xiao didn't know that the fox's tail has already visible.

In the Qi villa

"Any news about Xiaoxiao?"

Ye Fei asked the worry is apparent on her face

"Mom she is fine! She just sent her message 2 days ago, you know that it is not safe for her right?"

Ye Fei sighed, last month Qi Xiao sent a secret message telling about her speculation, the message of how she knew it is unclear but in the message, it is clear that she is sure that someone is targeting their family so the whole family made a secret investigation and they found some clues about who is the one who is manipulating in the dark.

But they still don't know who is the mastermind behind the scene.

Han Yun is still wallowing about her best friend's disappearance so she didn't care or rather ignores all the things around her.

But to Shen Chuchu it was different, since last month she felt that Han Min changed,

The care is still there but he seems avoiding her, especially when he is finally discharged from the hospital,

She knows that he is busy, especially after what happened, but it's been a month now!

And she still didn't manage to see him even just his shadow!