Chapter 8: new life

Han Min's cold eyes turn morose, he didn't say anything but just close his eyes and rest his mind.

Since watching the recording, Qi Xiao's eyes keep appearing in his mind and his dream,

He keeps on trying to remember his lost memory but it seems that something is blocking his mind.

Whenever he pushes himself so hard his head will hurt badly and his sight will blur and the feeling of fainting will occur so he will stop thinking, and the pain will disappear as well.

But this time he is really determined to remember everything before it is too late.

Qi Xiao has been staying in the small village for a month now and she learned a lot of things about wild plants.

Now she can identify which is edible and which is not, and she now knows which is a medicinal plant and which is poisonous.

Thanks to her newly acquired friend Ah-meng.

Ah-meng is a local, when she arrives at the small village the kind villagers offer their houses but Qi Xiao chooses Ah-meng's house because she lives alone.

At first, communicating with them is so hard especially since the villagers don't know any other languages so Qi Xiao bought a dictionary.

After a week she managed to talk to them bit by bit and now she can say that she can talk to them without any difficulties except if the villagers use much more deep words.

At the back mountain while Ah-meng teaching Qi Xiao how to hunt,

A chopper passes by in the village, Qi Xiao's heart skips a beat, and hurriedly says

"Ah-meng I think that my time staying here is almost up!"

The kind middle-aged woman just looks up and looks at her

"I understand, don't worry about the villagers, we will never say anything"

Qi Xiao's eyes moistened and hug her

"Thank you Ah-meng!when there is a chance I promise I will come back here!"

Ah-meng smiled and pulled her to descend the mountain.

The villagers become emotional when they heard that she is about to leave but they keep their tears and decided to make a huge feast for Qi Xiao

That she gladly accepts.

While sitting around a huge bonfire and listening to their folk song

Qi Xiao wanted to cry, when she came to that place they welcomed her warmly and accepted her without any questions.

Now that she is about to leave they didn't ask her any questions and just let her go and even willing to cover her footstep.

The village chief hunts a huge boar, cooked it, and put it on the huge table near the bonfire

"Our village always welcomes a person or people whoever and whatever they do! and once they stay in our small village they will become part of us! so Qi Xiao please always remember that you are part of our village no matter what and where you are!"

Qi Xiao stands up and gives a grateful bow

"For more than a month of staying here thank you! thank you for welcoming me and accepting me!thank you for opening your arms to me and teaching me a lot of things! I promise that I will come back and next time I will stay as long as I can so wait for my return!"

The villagers are smiling because of her awkward and funny accent but after her speech, they began crying like there is no tomorrow.

Qi Xiao cried as well because she felt grateful,she lost something but she gained something also but she knows that she will gain some more.