"I guess it's better to tell him sooner rather than later."

"Yeah...me too." I run my hands through my knotted hair and I throw the duvet off me before leaving the room and going into my own room. Quickly, I grab my towel and dash into my en suite. I feel completely on edge but I know that while I'm in the bathroom, in the shower, my music on and the door locked I am safe from the world.

A good half an hour later I emerge from the bathroom only to find that James is in my bed. Bless him, he's fast asleep he must have been there the whole time. Quietly I open my wardrobe and search for some clothes I could wear today. As I'm looking through my mass of colourful clothes I hear mumbling and I whip round to look at James who is now tossing and turning in his sleep. I slowly make my way towards him and see sweat beads on his brow; he must be having a nightmare. His voice gets louder and I can make out his words.

"De...De, please..." James mutters and I encroach ever so slightly closer, "I'm sorry, De, please, I...NO!" Suddenly James shoots upright and breathes short, sharp breaths. I put my hand on his bare shoulder and he jumps at my touch before he looks relieved to see me. "Oh De you're alright!" He hugs me tightly and I'm taken aback as I'm in nothing but my towel and he's shirtless.

"Yeah don't worry James, I'm fine, it was just a bad dream." I reassure him and wrap one arm around him while holding my towel up with the other. I suddenly feel James' body heat increase as he releases me from the hug and his face is bright red.

"Sorry, I...I didn't know you w-were only in your...towel." James says awkwardly and rubs the back of his neck. I smile at his innocence and ruffle his bed hair.

"It's alright, James, don't worry about it." I walk over to my wardrobe and I hear James getting out of the bed. "You can stay in here if you like James I'm not bothered."

"Err, don't you want some privacy?"

"James this is you and I we are talking about. I'm pretty sure we've been through enough for you to see me change!" James smiles at my comment and sits back down in the bed. He's currently shirtless with some scruffy shorts on and I'm trying my best not to stare at his defined body.

"Okay but I won't look." James says as he covers his face with his hands making me giggle slightly. I then continue to scan through my clothes. My eyes fall on a pair of black skinny jeans which I match with a white shirt and a knit red jumper over it. After reassuring James that he is safe to look I complete my look with some matte, red lippy, mascara and some excellent winged eyeliner. James approves of my look and compliments my curls before I jump in my bed next to him.

"You know I didn't get all dolled up for nothing." I tell him giving him my best innocent look I can given everything I've done. He sighs and kisses my forehead before getting out of bed and starting to change. Me being me I leave the boy in peace to change and go into my lounge where all the gang are sat watching classic hit show F.R.I.E.N.D.S and binging off of Nutella, pancakes and every other piece of breakfast food the greedy blighters could find.

Knowing James won't be long I tell them that we're headed out for a while and that we shall grab some food before I am bombarded with a shopping list of all the junk food we're going to need for the night. With the list on my phone I head to the front door to put my shoes on. I grab my black, soft leather docs and shove my feet into them before tying them in a tight knot. Just as I go to grab my red duffle coat its disappears from under my hand. Then I feel something slide over my hand but before panicking I see that it's my duffle which James is generously helping me put on, cutie.

"Madam," James says as he opens the door and bows. I nod my head in reply and walk out the apartment. Just as I hear the door slam and turn round to look at James, I am swept off my feet only to end up in James' muscular arms being carried like a princess.

My knight in shining armour carries me to the car before we jet off to a park close by. On the journey thoughts of last night swirl through my mind over and over again. I know I should tell him but it will only hurt him more and he doesn't deserve that, he deserve so much better than me. We arrive at the park and James parks the car up before the two of us get out. The place is empty apart from a couple of swans and a family of ducks. James takes my hand and interlocks our fingers as we walk towards the lake.

I steal a quick glance at James only to find that he looks just as worried as I feel. "James," I start but James interrupts me before I can carry on.

"No, De...please don't tell me."

"You...already know?"

"I know all that I didn't want to..." I let go of his hand and look at him tears welling in my eyes. James looks at me and his dreamy eyes go dull and glaze over. I remember this look, this look of complete despair. "De, if you want to be with Connor th..."

"No! No! James I love you!" I shout to him and he looks shocked as I try to calm myself down. He takes a step back and I let the tears fall down my cheeks. "Please, James, don't leave me...please." My once steady breathing turns into sobs and I can feel my body wanting to collapse but before I can two protective arms wrap around my torso.

"I could never leave you De, not ever." His voice is soft and almost calm but I know he's hurt and it makes me more upset that he hides this.

"I'm such a bitch to you..."

"Don't ever say that! I'm patient if you need time then I'll give you some. You're just confused, I understand. You're only human, a beautiful and amazing human whom I love." James backs away from the hug and pulls my chin up so that I'm looking at him. "Delilah May, I love you no matter what happens. Now, let me finish...I also heard everything I wanted to." My reply is a confused look as I wipe away a tear that's lay on my cheek. "You said you love me and that's all I needed to know that you'd come back to me."

James smiles at me and tucks a strand of hair behind my ear before kissing my forehead and hugging me once more.

"Thank you, James." I whisper and he hugs me tighter until I release him. "But there's something I don't think you heard that you should know..." He gives me a concerned look as I take a deep breathe, "The man you saved me from...I'd met him before...and, and he...he raped me."

"What?! That bastard! That fucking bastard!" James is now throwing his arms about, his face bright red and rage filling his eyes.

"James, please stay calm. Let me finish...he's tortured me and stopped me and I want to ask you for a favour..."

"Anything for you, De!"

"Will you help me to start singing again?"
---------------------------------------------
Yaaaayyy finally I finished it...I had a serious case of writers block and I've been super busy with exams and finishing school and now I'm starting collage! Jeez it's really taking it out of me but anyways here it is, please enjoy and don't hate me too much?!😅😁
Love you all heaps, Fin!😘