chapter 25. Flood Lights

The week runs smoothly with juggling uni, playing catch up on course work.
Ryder football match against Manchester Athletics is tonight so I hadn't seen him much for the rest of the week apart from car sharing when we can and the odd kiss here and there, coach always seems to put them on strict orders and workouts the week before a game.

The boys had already left as coach wanted them at the ground earlier to run drills, so me and Mia decided to catch a taxi later on as we intend to go to the local pub after.

Casually sitting on Mia bed waiting for her to finish applying her makeup then we're all set to go.
We both decided on Jean's and a hoody knowing the temperature would drop drastically later on.
Of course are hoodies we're from the uni shop of our football team, however me and Mia decided to go all out and get the names and numbers of Ryder and Lucus on the back to surprise them when they walk on the pitch tonight.

"In your own time, taxi here?"

"I'm coming, give me a sec" said Mia still rushing around grabbing her purse and keys.

"Ok, il get in and tell him to wait." I say.

Few minutes later Mia rushing out the front door pulling the hoody over her head.

We arrive at the stadium grounds with time to spare, pushing through the chanting fans to the left we make are way to our seats just as the teams come onto the pitch.

Seeing Ryder and Lucus take their places me and Mia stand up whistling and screaming getting there attention.

Ryders eyes find my then drifts down my body setting it on fire. He notices my hoodie and smirks, quickly spinning around I let him see a glimpse of the back with his name and the number 7 on it. Turning back I see him whisper he loves me.

"That so worked, I'm not sure which one was more happier, we're so getting some tonight." Mia laughs.

"Oh shut up." I laugh back.
"Any way theres no time for that, we're going straight to the pub after. "

"Theres always the toilets"

"Mia, eeeerrr just stop now." Both of us unable to contain our laughter.

After a challenging first 30minutes with the score still being a draw, Ryder tackles his opponent, running down the pitch, finding Josh in the box, he swiftly crosses it, falling nicely at Josh's feet. With one kick Josh finishes it and kicks it to the top left hand side of the post scoring the first goal of the night.

The crowd are going wild, the team come and clap Ryder and Josh on the back, I watch as I see Josh race to back to the centre directly in line with my pathway and blows a kiss into the air.
I turn around hoping it's for someone else and not me, when I look back his still smirking, my face reddened with embrassement and I bow my head to the ground not wanting to look up, but as i do, my eyes now find Ryder staring, the anger in his eyes just fixated on me shaking his head.

"Oh shit, maybe you wont be getting any after all tonight. "

"I didn't do anything, I have no idea what Josh is playing at, it's like he is enjoying winding Ryder up, but I've told him we're just friends nothing more. I want Ryder. " I state to Mia.

"I'm just fucking with you, Ryder will be fine, but seriously Josh best be careful, he'll cause a shitstorm on the pitch if he keeps acting like this. " Mia mentions back.

The whistle blows and the first half is up, seeing Ryder leave the pitch with the others I take my opportunity to race down the steps and try and get his attentions.

"Ryder, RYDER " I shout as he goes under the racking.

"Fuck ." I hiss missing the perfect opportunity to sort things out with him.