chapter 23:-Going backwards

Once we had arrived back home, Ryder had kissed my cheek and said he had a few things he needed to do but promised he'd see me for dinner as he wanted to cook something special.

Dumping my bag upstairs in my room I decided to have an afternoon of binge watching some new series on Netflixs.

There was only so much tv I could watch before I found myself getting bored and lonely. About an hour in, hearing rustling of keys coming from the front of the house getting excited I jumped out of the chair expecting fi see Ryder home sadly disappointed when I realised it was only Mia.

"Oh it's you." I sigh.

"Well hello to you too missy, sorry to disappoint."

"Sorry, I didnt mean it to come across like that, I just was expecting Ryder home soon, he said he was going out to sort some bits out and would be straight back to cook us dinner, that was over an hour ago now. " I explain.

"Well grab your coat, let's go and grab a light bite at Maria's while you wait for him, I have a feeling his headed to the gym with Lucus they have there home match next Friday and coach has given them some routines and exercises to do daily. " Mia says grabbing her purse from off the side.

"Oh, I didnt know, I dont get why Ryder couldn't have just said that."

"Dont worry about it you know them, I'm sure he'll be back soon to do you a special dinner, now lets go I'm starving." Mia groans.

We decide to walk to Maria's as it's only a short walk and the weather today wasnt to mild.

I quickly send Ryder a message.

Hey, I've just popped out with Mia to the cafe, wont be too long. Let me know what time dinner is? See you soon. Xx

Placing my phone back into my bag, we make are way there.

Walking into Maria's with the bell chiming over the door I expected it to be busier with it being rush hour and schools just coming out, but luckily theres only a handful of people in here seated and a couple queuing.

Over the last few weeks Maria's seems to be my go to place for the usually teas and sweet treats.

Ordering my usual tea and blueberry muffin, and Mia going all out with her tea, bottle of water, chicken and bacon panni and triple chocolate muffin we decide to sit at the nearest booth to the front entrance of the window.

"You werent kidding when you said you were hungry." I cant help but laugh at her.

"Seriously just dont, it's been one of those days and it doesnt help it's my time of the month and I get like this in the first day or two. " she sulks.

She totally right, I'm exactly the same on the first day of my period but it's usually with junk food, chocolate, crisps you name it.

"So anyway, how are you and Ry doing,his is totally in love with you?!"

"We're actually in a good place I'm just hoping it last. To be honest I'm a little wary of the way Bianca is acting around campus and I keep getting this funny feeling. " I express my concerns to Mia.

"Look dont worry about it Bianca she's just jealous before you turned up Soohie was the one Ry always went back to, even after every hook up with someone else, she pushed for him to give her more, she was so desperate for a relationship with him but he wasnt and still isnt interested. He loves you Bianca anyone can see that so dont panic. She'll get over it soon enough and go to the next bloke. "

I cant help but smile at Mia for reassuring me.

"Thanks, Its just after last time and how he just upped and left me, I'm scared he'll do it again I guess."