chapter 13:- Dinner Dates.

Ryder pulls out a chair and sits beside me, to his mothers amusement.

"I was starting to get worried, what kept you ?" Jenette finding this situation all to funny.

"I was trying to find a parking spot, are you forgetting it's a friday night in the city, Mother?! "

I've always loved there relationship it reminds me of mine and my dads.
Only a few more weeks of the term then I can go back home for break.

"Have you told Bianca about your aunties 40th on Sunday?"

"No why would I. " Ryder sighs.

"You remember my sister caroline she turning 40 and we have a big garden party for her it's at 12 noon. I'd love it if you could come and I'm sure Caroline would be over the moon to see you again too." Jenette firmly clasping her hands together.

"That would be lovely thank you I'd really like that."

Ryder stares at me as if to say really you would!

"Brilliant, I shall let her know, it's just a little bbq with some family and friends. Ryder, youd be an angel and pick Bianca up from her dorm cant you?"

"Well actually we live together, I came mid term and couldn't get into dorms so found a house share not realising that Ryder also lived their too. "

"That's even better then, it's like fate has brought you back into each others arms. I'm so excited for you both". Jenette continues to beam with joy.

"Mum, were not together, Bee has a thing with Josh. " Ryder moans.

"Actually I dont, were just friends seeing what happens. I get in there before any more can be said about my relationship status.

Finally the waiter comes over ready to take our orders, when Jenette stands and apologises.

"Oh goodness I've completely forgot I have to do the buffet tasting for Caroline party, please stay and enjoy the dinner Date order whatever it's all on me. "

"MUM" Ryder chimes.

Jenette just laughs in fits of giggles as she exits the restaurant.

"She set us up, didn't she? " I ask only knowing full well.

"Looks that way" Ryder tuts under his breath.

Before we both look at each other and laugh. It's a proper laugh the one I haven't heard in so long from him.
I could hear it all day and never get bored.

Ryder now moves seats so his sitting opposite looking straight at me. My cheeks deepen a shade of crimson knowing his staring.

Our food finally arrives of course I had to go for the lasagna while Ryder had to pick the meatball spaghetti.

I know his deepest secret but I wont ask, il let him come to me when he trust me.

The evening has to be the loveliest it's been, his mother clearly has a way of trying to bring us back together.
Even though I'm not ready until his honest with me it's a start, after not talking to him for nearly a week, it's ok just sitting here getting to know one another again without any one around.

The night soon ends with Ryder using his mums credit card to lay the bill.

"Are you off to Sophie's now, or into town to meet the team? I ask.

"Definitely not to Sophie's and not into town, how about we finish the night by me taking you somewhere. "

"Why not" that's all that can come out of my mouth. Seriously!

Ryder wasnt joking when he said he struggled to park, I could probably be home quicker then this. After a 15minute walk to the underground parking bays we get in his car.
Heart radio comes on with the cheese late night love sessions. I cant help but reminisce how we used to get his mum to pick us up after going out in the evening and hearing this on the radio and laugh at all the soppy tunes belting out from the radio.

It's like Ryder reads my mind and turns it up, with the love doctor in the house and we both collapse in our seats in hysterics.

Ryder drives around for a short while not telling me where were going.

We finally arrived near the cities harbour docks, the river is lit up by beautiful tea lights cascaded all around the tops of the airing. 

He takes a blanket from out the boot of his car and we walk along the harbour bridge looking at all the yaughts lined up.

We settle on the riverbed,  placing the blanket down.
Ryders stretches his legs flat and resting his arms out.

I lay with my back against Ryders firm body,  my head nestled into his chest, we sit like this what seems like hours.
We dont need words for tonight, fir tonight the silence says it all.

Looking up to the stars shining, ryder lifts my chin with his index finger facing him and says,

"One day il write your name in shining lights for the world to see, and when I do you know that's the end game for me and you, I love you Bee and always will. I promise you this that from today I will be a better person, I will never treat you the way I have again and I will work hard every day for you to forgive me and love me. "

"Ryder, all I ask is that your honest with me, the day you can start trusting me is the day we can finally make this work, but until then il wait for you."