Chapter 32 - New Rules

Winter looked how Roderick's men escorted the girls outside. She hoped that she had not only saved Lia from a horrible fate but River's mate as well. And then it dawned her, Aster he would do anything for Robin. 

'Arsen.'

Winter didn't hesitate a second. 

'Darling, what's the matter? Are you okay?' he immediately responded. 

'I am, Arsen the king is even more off a monster than we could imagine. A group of girls is coming out with men that you can trust, help them.' Winter said. 

'No, my priority is you. Have you any idea how worry I am? How I wished that you said you loved me to my face and not with immediately ending the mind link? You didn't even give me a chance to say something back.' Arsen replied. 

Winter closed her eyes for a second. She didn't want to argue with him, not now, not after what she discovered. 

'Arsen I am coming back to you. 

I am sorry you are right. 

I have a plan and help.' 

'So, you are letting some stranger help you, but not your own mate?' 

Arsen's voice snarled in her head. 

 'You are helping me by helping those girls. And I need you to do something else. My brother is coming, he needs to be stopped, unit I will need you guys' soon. There are girls from his pack in the group, let them contact him.' Winter replied. 

'No Winter, I am done with this. I am coming to get you.' Arsen replied. 

'Arsen listen to me. The king wants to mate me, what do you think will happen if my actual mate shows up? I am not letting that happen, but I can't make that happen if I need to worry about you.' Winter sighed. 

'You're right' Arsen huffed. 

'I am glad we agree.' Winter smiled.

 'Doesn't mean I like it.' Arsen replied. 

'Be careful.' he added before he closed the link back.

"Are you ready?" Roderick asked as he looked at Winter. 

"My wolf is, I don't know if I am." she replied honestly. 

"You?" she asked.

 "Ready to kill my brother? No, I am not." Roderick replied. 

"Maybe there is another way?" Winter asked. 

"Kings don't get dethroned to retire easily Winter, they get killed. Besides my brother will never willingly abdicate. He is too cocky for that." 

The prince looked at his hands. 

"But maybe if I say enough times that it is to stop his twisted and sick ways, I'll eventually believe it." He added. 

"I am just scared to death that I'll turn the same without a mate." 

He looked right into Winter's eyes. 

"I know you don't want to be queen, but I hoped that you would help me when I am king. Maybe as an advisor of some sorts." 

Winter looked away. 

"I don't want anything to do with official pack rules and that kind of power." she answered. 

"And what if we don't make it official? You don't have to live at the castle. I just wanted someone to talk to from time to time, someone who won't hesitate to put me in place, someone who has done an amazing job with defining new rules herself." Roderick said.