Chapter 27 -The morning after

Rays of sunshine lit the tent, softly awakening Winter. She smiled as she felt how Arsen's thoughts flooded through her mind. She could feel how happy he was. She smiled as she felt how he studied her. He softly brushed over her belly. 

"Last night was everything I expected and so much more." He whispered. 

Winter blushed crimson as she thought back of all the ways they had pleasured each other. They were silent for a moment just looking at each other. 

"I hope we'll have lots of pups." 

Arsen whispered as he continued to stroke her belly. An unsettling feeling formed in Winter's belly. 

"What do you mean?" she asked confused. 

"Nothing." 

Arsen smiled but she could feel that he was holding something back. His fingers danced over her body, over towards the scar he had left from biting her. The wound was already healed and a moon shaped scar was the only thing left to remember that night. 

Winter felt heavenly as his fingers traced the shape, curiously she looked at his shape and carefully did the same. 

"You marked me?" he asked amused. 

"My wolf pushed me." She said. 

"Now we truly are equal." He smiled. 

"You are not mad?" Winter asked. 

"Why would I be mad?" 

"For a second I feared that you may" 

Arsen stopped her. 

"Everyone can know that I am yours and that you are mine. We are equal in everything." He softly kissed her lips. 

"Something is bothering you, I can feel it." He said. 

Winter swallowed she needed to tell him about the king. She gathered her courage and as she was about to tell Arsen what was wrong, something came in on the mind link. Arsen sighed. 

"I am going to check in, take the day off you deserve it."

And before Winter could protest Arsen was gone.

Winter stepped out the tent, letting the freshness of the morning hit her. She looked out over the field that was covered in fresh fallen snow. The sun reflected beautifully on it. It was way too beautiful for the horrible day it was about to become. 

Winter sighed. 

"Finally" 

A voice interrupted her day dreaming. 

"Have you showered yet?" 

Luke asked as Winter looked in his direction. 

"Let me answer that, no you haven't. You reek of him." Luke smirked. 

"Where is he? Have you talked to him?" L

uke searched Winter's eyes, she just shook her head in denial. 

"I tried, but then he had something urgent." She replied. 

"What's more urgent than you?" Luke asked with raised eyebrows. 

Winter rolled her eyes at him. 

"We need to get back and think of a plan." Luke started. 

"Don't you think I know that?" Winter asked. 

"Listen to me, everything is going to be okay. We are not letting anything happen to you." He tried to reassure her. 

"It's not what I am worry about."