Chapter 15 - Diner

Winter removed her black dress, she needed to change for the diner tonight with the other alpha's and their respective beta's. She had mind linked Blade a few seconds before entering her room to let him know that he needed to wear a suit. 

As she rummaged through her bag she stopped at the long silver dress. She went in the bathroom to freshen up and to change. She pinned her short hair messy on her head, leaving the cutout visible. She did her make-up and pulled the dress over her head. 

Her fingers twirled over the charms around her necklace as she studied herself. She let the fabric brush her finger tips while looking in the mirror. The long grey dress was covered with a see-through fabric covered in white lace flowers. They were dense at her bust and back and spread out towards the bottom of the dress, accentuating the deep back of the dress.

At that moment there was a soft nock at the door. Winter walked over and opened her door to let Blade in. His eyes roamed over her body and he seemed speechless. 

"Wow" he replied. 

"I am just going to grab my shoes and then I am ready." Winter replied. 

She grabbed a pair of black heels and placed them on her feet. Blade held out his arm and together they walked downstairs. 

"You are nervous." He softly said. 

She knew she needed to tell him about Arsen, but right now she wasn't sure about how he would react, how her pack would react.

As they walked in the dining room, all eyes fell on them. Winter felt more nervous than before as she saw how Arsen's eyes roamed over her body. They held a possessiveness Winter had never seen. 

Blade escorted her to her seat, as her eyes trailed over the names at the side of the plates, she felt even more nervous. Not all seats were filled yet but she had discovered a pattern, it was always an alpha next to a beta, only alpha Arsen seemed to mess up that order. 

Before Blade was able to pull out her chair Arsen had done so. Winter had politely smiled at him and had taken her seat. She felt how Blade eyed him suspiciously. Her eyes went over the other alpha's in the room, all dressed to perfection. 

Arsen looked even more beautiful than in the meeting she tried not to look at him, all the while she felt how his eyes burned over her body. He was wearing a dark blue suit that radiated power. His broad muscled chest was visible since the top buttons of his white shirt were open. 

Winter tried not to look too much at him even when she sat down. Blade looked curiously at her. 

"Are you going to avoid me all night?" Arsen softly whispered so only she could hear. 

A blush crept up on her face as she looked at the handsome man next to her. 

"I haven't decided yet." She tried to answer as confident as possible. 

A smirk played over his lips as his eyes lit up at the challenge in her words.

Aster walked in and cleared his throat everybody around the table looked expectantly at him. He raised his glass. 

"May we toast to new alliances and so much more." 

His eyes looked mischievously at Winter. 

She narrowed her eyes as she looked over at her brother. Without anyone noticing he pointed his head to where Arsen was sitting and raised his eyebrows accompanied with a smirk. Winter rolled her eyes at him. 

Alpha Emmerson sat right in front of Winter and she felt how his eyes were on her body, she tried to control the anger. She couldn't snap at him again. Suddenly he cleared his throat and everybody turned towards him.