Chapter 2 - Mate

Winter had run in her wolf form as deep in the forest as she could. It took her a long time before her wolf settled down, not wanting to kill the girl Charlie had kissed in front of her eyes. 

She felled so confused, why was she suddenly so attracted by him? She had never liked him in that way. As one of Aster's best friends he had always looked out for her, he was even the first to find her that night. 

But he never pursued her romantically. So why did it all change now? 

The fur off Winter's light grey wolf sparkled beneath the moonlight. She just wanted to talk to her mother for advice, as a Luna she would know what was happening to her. But she couldn't. And Robin would immediately tell Aster so that wasn't an option either. 

Winter stopped at a beautiful lake, the moon started to rise and she knew that it was almost time. She could feel how her body was changing getting ready for a new chapter in her life. Maybe a dive would calm her and her wolf down, so that's exactly what Winter did.

When Winter had approached the town, she had changed back in her human form, she had put her clothes back on and walked back. She must have been gone for hours since everybody had already left home. 

Her birthday hour had already passed, but there was nobody left to celebrate it with. There was nobody left. Since she escaped the party she hadn't eaten and she felt how her stomach rumbled. Winter made her way over towards the fire, looking for some leftovers. Knowing the pack, much food would be left out since most of them would be too drunk to clean up. 

Winter nestled herself in a comfortable chair in front of the fire and took a slice of cake. She saluted herself and took a bite. Suddenly something happened to her. 

The most delicious, mouth-watering smell filled her nose. The smell was indescribable, it wasn't like anything she had smelled before. Winter looked around but nobody was near, she shook her head. Maybe she just had imagined everything. 

She took another bite and felt how her wolf was on alert. There it was again; it was a smell Winter didn't want to stop smelling. It was the most heavenly combination she had ever smelled. It smelled so pure and manly, combined with fresh pine apple and a woody smell. 

Her wolf started to purr, load and clear. Winter couldn't help herself she felt something pull at her, it pulled hard at her core. She wanted to inhale that scent, nestle herself in it. She wanted to smell nothing more. And then she saw him. 'Mate' her wolf screamed and he howled loudly.

Charlie had been restless for the rest of the night, ever since he had seen Winter. She was so goddamn beautiful. He had known for a long time that she was his mate, but no matter how hard he thought about it, he saw only one solution. He had known that that was the only way. 

So, he had kissed the blonde in front of him. When he saw the pain and rejection in his mate eyes, his wolf almost lost it. He had taken the blonde back to her room, but nothing had happened he couldn't get her out of his mind. He had tossed and turned all night but sleep wouldn't come. 

He had just decided to go down to get something to eat when the most majestic smell had hit him. He wanted to go back, because he knew damn well what it was, there was only one thing that smelled this good. But his wolf took over, he wanted to fix his previous mistakes. 

Charlie walked completely on autopilot outside. Sniffing the air over and over again it was filled with the smell of apples and cinnamon, the most delicious smell ever. And then he saw her. 'Mate' his wolf screamed and a growl escaped his throat 'mine' his wolf roared. And he couldn't stop himself.

Winter saw how Charlie walked straight up to her. She felt how a pool of desire rose from her belly, how her wolf couldn't stop herself. 'Get to him.' She said and without thinking Winter ran over towards him.