Chapter 4 - Start over

Winter had travelled for almost three weeks straight when she approached a small town. She knew it wasn't under the claim of a pack so she could stop here. It wasn't too far from her Nanna's compound but she needed some change first. 

Winter looked in the mirror of her car and was a bit startled. The front of her side swept hair had turned completely white, the rest was still long and brown as it had always been. Winter had no idea what the change in her hair could mean, but she didn't linger any longer. 

She stepped out of the car and opened her trunk. She changed her grey sweater for a leather jacket over her black tank top. She locked her car and made her way over towards the center of the town. 

As she walked, she spotted a hair dresser and a smile formed on her lips. First step in saying goodbye she thought as she pushed open the doors of the little shop. 

A friendly lady greeted her and smiled. 

"How can I help you?" she asked. 

"I want a short haircut." Winter answered. 

The girl smiled and escorted her towards the washing tables. 

"And some colour as well? I really like the white maybe we can add a few more to your hair." 

As she took her seat, she nodded her head. 

"No, it's natural, I want to keep it that way." Winter replied. 

The girl started to wash her hair. 

"Aren't you going to miss the long hair?" she asked. 

"No, I am done with it."

 "Ooh, usually such a drastic change forms closure for people." The girl answered. 

"I really hope it does." Winter answered.

As Winter took place in front of the mirror, she looked at herself, her face had hardened from the pain. Her smile was disappearing as well. She knew what she had to do, she was done letting a pack rule over her, or any other man for that matter. She wanted to go her own way and as a wolf that really left her with no option. She needed to become a rogue. It would be dangerous, but she would manage. 

The girl took a seat behind her. 

"Okay I am listening" she said. 

"I want a short wavy bob with a nice undercut." Winter said. 

The girl nodded her head. 

"Perfect, I just want to keep your side way look, since it's accentuating the white nicely." 

She tried to smile at the girl, she was really making an effort to help her. The girl started to work and Winter enjoyed the silence for a couple of minutes. 

"I have never seen you here around town. Are you new?" The girl asked. 

"Sort of." Winter replied. 

"The town is lovely, but there aren't exactly much women around here." She answered. 

"Ooh, why?" Winter asked. 

If that was the case and the territory wasn't claimed by a pack then chances were that there was a fighting pit nearby for wolves. 

"Well apart from the old bar, run by the insanely handsome Luke there isn't much to do around here." 

Winter noticed how a blush appeared on the girl's face. 

"Do you go there often?" she curiously asked. 

This girl was not a wolf, but maybe she was her ticket in. 

"Alone? Are you nuts?" She snickered and continued to work on her hair.