Chapter 22 - The Silent Winter pack

The delegation of the Silent Winter pack stood add the border of their lands. Winter felt nervous, today was important, she just hoped it would go as well as Arsen's visit had go. And that none of his wolves would put her in a situation like Louis had done. Even though she was pretty sure that Arsen kicked him out of his pack for insulting the alpha's mate. 

Winter looked at the men and women that stood behind her, they looked as curiously around them as Arsen's men had done. She and her wolves were curious to see how the pack function and lived. 

Josh greeted her with a big smile. 

"Arsen isn't coming himself?" Blade smirked. 

"Our alpha is waiting for you at our main compound. You can cross the border" Josh said. 

Winter walked through the woods and felt right at home. 

"It's nice here." Blade remarked. 

"It feels almost the same as around our compound." He added. 

"Yeah Graham said something similar when they returned yesterday evening." Josh added. 

As Winter's eyes fell on the pack house she smiled, mostly because Arsen stood proudly in front of it. 

"Alpha Arsen." 

Winter started in the same tone as yesterday. 

But Arsen was past it all, he had missed her too much, the more time they spent together the less he could do without her. He just grabbed her collar and smashed his lips against hers. 

Winter was startled for a second but quickly kissed him back, he devoured her mouth in seconds, a few wolf howls followed. Arsen smirked as he let go. 

"That's an introduction." He said. 

Winter softly licked her lips while looking right into his eyes, Arsen's eyes turned pitch-black in seconds. 

"Right maybe we should get to it, before you order us away again." Graham smirked. 

He walked over towards Evelyn and kissed her with the same passion. 

"You are one to talk" 

Arsen smirked and another set of howls followed. 

The people that gathered around them looked curiously at the new found mates, Winter noticed how they all carried the same glimmer in their eyes, a glimmer of hope. 

Arsen escorted them inside over towards the pack meeting room. The table there was much smaller than the one in the pack hall. Winter was curious to see who would walk in the room. 

Josh and Graham walked in first, and a few other followed even a couple women. Arsen explained that they all were responsible for something in the pack, but that it was mostly dedicated by heritage. The wolves were trained from the start for their role. Winter and her pack looked and listened.

As they were all done with talking and explaining their duty Winter looked around the room. 

"What is the biggest concern your pack has, facing the possible merge?" she finally asked. 

"That we will lose or position, our standing." One of the leaders of the army said. 

"That we will be declared rogues as well." Another person voiced. 

"That we won't have a Luna to bless our bloodlines and to seek out for advice." One of the females said. 

Winter was silent for a moment all eyes fell on her. 

"You won't have a Luna, but you will have two alphas to ask for advice, the silent Winter pack is already blessed without having a Luna, I don't see why we can't as well." Arsen answered before Winter could say something.