Chapter 25 - The bond

As Winter was back at the compound, she immediately knew she needed to talk to someone. She started walking through the fields until she stood in front of Thomas cottage. He was sitting on the bench in front of his house. 

"Winter." He greeted her. 

"Are you okay?" he asked. 

She took a seat as he sniffed her. 

"Royalty." He whispered. 

"He was here? That was quick. How did Arsen react?" Thomas asked. 

"Arsen doesn't know." Winter softly said. 

"I see" Thomas reacted. 

"He wants to talk to me alone tomorrow night. Someone at the meeting sold me out. He knows how strong I am." She sighed. 

"He wants to mate you." Thomas filled in the blanks. 

Winter nodded her head. 

"I was able to postpone our meeting." She replied. 

Thomas looked at her and scratched his head. 

"I hope that's enough." 

"I hope so too. Arsen can't find out." She whispered. 

"He will be blinded by rage, by jealousy and start a war." Thomas answered. 

Winter nodded her head again. 

"Be careful, the king is wicked." 

"I know, but someone needs to stop him." She replied. 

"That someone hasn't to be you." He searched her eyes. 

But Winter knew the answer they held. 

"Your nana was right." He sighed. 

"She had always known that you were destined for something great. You will survive Winter I don't doubt that, there will be lots of Whitefortis alphas to tell stories about. But it will cost you." He sighed. 

"How do you know all these things Thomas, my nana lived with us in the pack?" Winter asked.

 "Your nana had a gift, she knew what her future would be like, before it even happened." Thomas was silent for a second. 

"She knew that we wouldn't spend the future together, but she also knew that if she tried to change the future, she never would have met you." 

He looked out over the fields as a tear escaped his eyes. 

"She didn't know everything wen she had to leave me, so she sent me letters over the years. Choose wise Winter, your nana thought that leaving me would save me, but in the end, it killed herself." He softly smiled. 

Thomas softly brushed a loose strain of hair out of Winter's face. 

"You look so much like her." 

Winter was silent at his words. 

"If I can save our pack from war, don't you think then it's my duty to at least try?" she finally asked. 

"Yes, it is, but you are not leading this pack alone anymore, not after tonight." He added. 

"Talk to him. At least let him know what you are planning, but do it carefully you don't want war." 

Thomas tried to persuade her. .

She grinned. 

"I'll think about it." 

She placed a kiss on Thomas head and rushed back towards the compound she needed to get ready for the ceremony.