Chapter 14 - Mate

After the interrogation of the alpha inquisition Winter needed to get some air. It was at least what she told herself. Maybe a part of her wanted to avoid seeing Alpha Arsen approach her. 

The last thing she needed in this mess was a mate. What if he rejected her as well? She couldn't bear the thought. Winter was out of the room before someone could stop her. She made her way over towards the lake, she needed some time alone, time to think. 

He was an alpha as well, what could that mean? 

And what about Charlie? 

Her pack? 

A million question raced through her mind by the time she had reached the lake. She took a deep breath and then it hit her full force, the scent. 

She inhaled deeply, the scent here was always something that calmed her down for as long as she could remember. The scent here at this place was the exact same scent as the alpha's. Winter took a seat on the soft moss, she removed her boots and dangled her feet in the water. 

She closed her eyes, hoping all of this would go away. Maybe the cold water could wash away her sorrows and perhaps even these strange feelings. She felt how hot tears rolled over her cheeks and then she thought something funny. 

Wouldn't it be nice to have someone to share all her responsibilities with? 

Wouldn't it be nice to have a partner in all this?

Winter's train of thoughts was stopped as the scent around her became stronger, someone took place right next to her. She could feel it, her wolf started to pace around in her head. She carefully opened her eyes and looked out over the lake too afraid to turn her head because she knew damn well who caused that smell. 

A soft warm hand brushed the tears from her cheek. The moment alpha Arsen touched her cheek electricity raged through her body, her wolf was highly on alert. She wanted to jump his wolf right away. But Winter collected herself. 

"What are you doing?" she asked softly. 

He knelt down beside her. 

"Meeting my mate." He answered with a soft smile.

She had heard plenty of stories about him, he wasn't a nice or a good guy. The stories about him were almost as horrible as the stories about her. She studied the man, while his hand still rested on her cheek. Could it be that he was the same as her, everything for the pack? 

"Why are you crying?" he asked. 

"Aren't you happy that you have found me?" he asked. 

"I am scared." She answered. 

"You don't have to be scared. You Will become a good Luna for our pack" he said to reassure her.

 Winter raised her eyebrows 

"I am an alpha, maybe you can become a good Luna for our pack" she said with a smirk. 

"Fight me" he challenged. 

"Bite me" she answered. 

"With pleasure mate."

Arsen's eyes had turned dark with desire and with that look on her Winter didn't know what to do, she felt how heat filled her core. He instinctively licked his lips and that turned Winter on even more. 

His arms wrapped around her waist and he carefully pulled her between his legs. She turned around so that she sat facing him. He pulled her legs under his so that she was even sitting closer. 

"You are beautiful." He softly said as he brushed a hair out of her face. 

"Thank you." She replied, she felt how her cheeks heat up.