Chapter 12 - A place called home

Winter drove with her company to the edge of town. Luke had arranged for the private yet of the major to take them to their destination. Travelling by car or by wolf would take them too long. This way they would make the journey in a couple of hours. 

Winter didn't feel at ease at all. She was scared of what was coming, the confrontation, seeing her brothers and her old pack. She had instructed to place Charlie in the back of the plane far away from her. She didn't want to waste any more time or energy on him. 

Nevertheless could she feel how his eyes were on her all the time. Now that their destination was approaching Winter grabbed her bag from the storage and made her way over towards the bathroom to change. She had been sleeping for a while and she wanted to freshen up a bit. 

She changed into a black skinny jeans and laced her boots tight. She grabbed a Bordeaux top with long sleeves, a crew neckline and a tulip hem. She looked at her reflection in the mirror, a beautiful tattoo covered the long scar she had from the rejection. You could still see it, but now it was covered in drawn line patterns that formed flowers along her chest, making it seem as if she was blossoming, starting from the inside out. She grabbed her leather jacket and placed her old clothes back. 

As she walked out of the bathroom she could feel that all eyes were on her. She looked up and her eyes met Charlie's, they had turned pitch black and roamed over her body. 

"Looking Sharp." 

Blade commented and she saw how Charlie's hand wrapped around the edge of his seating. Winter just rolled her eyes at the sight. She felt how her nerves starting to grow as the plane touched the ground. Questions rolled through her mind, would her mother still be alive? How would her old pack react? 

Flint noticed how tense she was. 

"Relax, it's going to be okay." He said. 

"I am not so sure." She answered. 

Flint and Blade looked at her. 

"You have got us, you're not going in alone." He tried to reassure her.

The drive from the plane towards the pack house was silent, the car was filled with tension. 

"Talk to us, what are we walking into?" Blade asked Winter. 

"Aster my brother has taken the position of the alpha after the death of my father. Robin his mate and Luna is really capable but a bit shy. I have no idea who his new beta is, when I left it was Charlie. My two other brothers Falco and River are mostly responsible for the troops and training. When I left the pack size was around 200, I have no idea how it has evolved since then."

 Flint and Blade nodded their head. 

"What kind of leader is your brother?" Flint asked. 

"When I left the pack was in a bad shape, my father wasn't a good alpha. His own wellbeing became before the pack." 

"Hence the leader you are today. You have a good example of how it shouldn't be." Blade said.

 "My brother agreed with me on most points of view, but I have no idea if he was able to enforce them." 

Winter looked outside as she saw some wolves pass by. 

"We have company." She said. 

"Yeah they have been following us for a while." Flint answered. 

"What is your brother like when cornered? How will he react to seeing you again?" he asked. 

"I don't know, I always had his back so he never felt cornered." She answered.