Chapter 23 - Our land

Winter looked at the sky, she closed her eyes for a second. The wolves of the Silent Winter pack had mostly assembled in front of the compound. She smiled as she heard the footsteps, knowing the numbers in which they had arrived. 

Border patrol was still running, but she knew they would listen in using the mind link. Winter opened her eyes and looked at the crowd. A gasp went through the crowd. 

"Your eyes." Luke stammered. 

"My eyes?" Winter asked confused. 

"The brown, they are glowing golden." Luke stammered. 

"What does that mean?" Blade asked confused. 

Winter looked for Thomas in the crowd, he looked right at her and nodded his head. She knew what that meant, the result of the vote in Arsen's pack was done.

 She felt even more nervous in the moment. 

"For the past days you have all seen the Opal Storm pack here, you have heard the rumors that Alpha Arsen is my mate. And you have all seen how some of us have found their mate in his pack, even though we rogues aren't supposed to have mates. Scratch that, it's safe to say that we are no longer rogues, we are a pack, a family. You are facing an important decision." 

She was silent for a second and looked at her pack members. 

"We talked a lot these past days and listened to your concerns and advices. We came to the conclusion that we could benefit from merging with the Opal Storm pack, that we will respect our current rules as much as possible but that we will have to make some compromises as will they. But we'll continue to live by one rule and one rule only, so in that sight I want the opinion of all my pack members. We'll clear out the mind link and then we can vote." 

Winter eyes blanked and she carefully listened, no reaction came. She opened her eyes and looked baffled at the wolves in front of her. Luke stepped forward 

"We don't need to vote, because we all agree." He said with a big smile. 

Winter grabbed Luke and hugged him tight. 

"Easy, easy. Arsen will have my head if your smell is all over me." He looked at his alpha. 

"Winter your eyes, they are even brighter." He stammered. 

"What's happening?" he asked. 

"The Opal Storm pack has accepted as well." She softly said. 

Wolves all around her started to howl and to cheer.

Winter walked through the woods over towards the edge of where her territory edged with Arsen's. He stood there wearing a big smile, his eyes sparkled bright blue, but what was most remarkable was the silver ring surrounding his Iris. 

Winter studied him, she couldn't find words to describe how beautiful it was. 

"Alpha" Winter said as she bowed her head a little.

"Alpha" Arsen replied as he did the same. 

"Your eyes." Arsen stammered. 

"I know." Winter replied. 

"You should see yours, they are beautiful." She softly whispered. 

His fingers trailed over her cheek. 

"How was the vote?" she asked. 

"90 percent agreed." He said with a big smile. 

"And the other 10? She asked. 

"Left, they couldn't accept that the most fitted wolf would be responsible for a function." Arsen said. 

"I am sorry." Winter replied.