32 | Night Changes

| present / your pov. 

Today is the D-day of my life–the day I'm finally getting married. I'd been waiting for this day since I don't even know how many years and it's finally happening. The makeup artist who's actually a very dear friend of mine, Joy, is currently doing my makeup. I don't really like wearing makeup but for the sake of photos, I have to wear it.

Joy suddenly laughed. "You know what? I suddenly remember a story from our childhood. Back when we were... I don't know. It's from about fifteen years ago, I guess."

"I'm super bored right now. Go on," you said, controlling your urge to yawn. 

"But you know, there's a disclaimer to this story. Maybe it's cringe, so hold back and try not to puke. You don't want to ruin your makeup and sit here for two hours again, right?"

"Yes, yes. I'm fine with it. What is it?"

"Okay, so basically..."

| 17 years ago

"Now you may kiss the bride," a childish voice said, followed by collective giggles.

The little guy came closer to the girl who stood before him, blushing. He pretended to place a peck on the girl's cheeks and pulled out with red cheeks. The room was filled with giggles and clapping of little children. The girl and the boy, both blushed like they were actually getting married and everything around was real.

The girl went to her friend who was laughing at her and whispered in her ear, "Isn't he good enough to be my groom when I grow up?"

| present.

Suddenly, you felt a rush of nostalgia through your mind. After hearing the story, you could suddenly smell that room and recall everything–the flower pot on the table, the boy's face... not vividly but hazily.

"Gosh, I should've called a professional 'cause now, here you are, giving me a headache and laughing at me. Like, we were just kids, okay?!" you tried to shrug it off, not wanting to think about it. But in the back of your mind, you couldn't help but think of it. 

Was it Jungkook?' you thought to yourself.

"All right, I'll stop," she pressed her lips, still trying not to laugh but ended up bursting into laughter, again. 'Why are friends like this?'

"Damn, Y/n! You look so pretty!" I turned my head from where the voice came but Joy smacked my head, stopping me from moving.

"Thanks to the makeup that I did, obviously," she glared at Jimin. "And, Y/n, it's Jimin. Not your soon-to-be husband who you're looking for, okay?"

You rolled your eyes.

"Don't worry, Y/n-ah. It's not just you who has to go through such despair just to see your lover. Jungkook is missing you there, too," Jimin said, wiggling his eyebrows teasingly. Joy laughed at his words.

"Jimin, shut up. She's blushing so hard that her face looks like a monkey's butt. You know, I've already applied some blush on her face––" 

"Yah!" you yelled, flustered.

| a/n pov.

"Now, you may kiss the bride." 

A smile naturally crept onto your lips. You looked at Jungkook shyly eliciting a teasing smile from him.  You couldn't hold back and ended up kissing him, making the first move.

While everyone clapped, you both could hear Joy and Jimin's hoots amongst the crowd. 'Me and Jungkook will do the same thing when they get married, I swear,' you thought to yourself.