9 | School Trip

| two weeks later

"Well, you can watch your movie but you don't have to shout. I'm sleepy," Jungkook yawned. "And if you're so scared, just turn the lights on because you don't seem to be able to resist the spookiness."

"Gosh, can't you see that I'm in a vibe here? The lights are turned off, horror movie on the screen, bowl of popcorn in my hands, air conditioner on–" you said with your gaze fixed on the TV screen. Jungkook huffed and stared at your back with hands on his hips.

"AAH!!" you wailed when a jumpscare came.

Jungkook's eyebrows furrowed when he looked at the screen with profound absorption.

"What's this movie called?" he said, sitting beside you on the couch with his arm comfortably stretched on the couch's backrest behind you. 

"Uh, this is getting boring now. I think I should just watch something else–"

"Shut up," Jungkook blurted out making you chuckle. "Moreover, I never said that you can't watch this movie. I just told you not to scream," he casually said and took a popcorn from the bowl in your hands.

"Hey! You can tell me to do anything but watch another movie and take my popcorn!" you yelled at him but while you weren't looking at the bowl, he sneakily took a handful of the popcorn and stuffed it all in his mouth at once.

When you turned around and looked at him, you saw his cheeks all puffed up and then at the bowl, then again at his face and scooted to the other side of the couch, but instead of giving up, he scooted closer to you and took another handful of popcorns without you realizing, once again.

"If this finishes, you will be the one to get this refilled with popcorn anyhow!"

"Seriously? You're gonna have a guest do all that work?" he pouted, subsequently taking another handful of popcorn making you whine.

"I hate you!" 

"The popcorn's good, though," he remarked with a smile to which you slapped his arm out of annoyance.

| time skip / next morning

"Mom called and said they're coming today evening at 5 p.m.," you informed Jungkook.

"Oh, alright," he shrugged.

"We have to go to school then. How's that alright?" you complained.

"Gosh, you haven't gone to school since the last two weeks. How many more days you wanna stay at home, huh? Are you a kid?"

"For all the years I'll be alive. From this very moment to death, I don't want to go to school!"

"Just wait to get married then. Only then you'll get rid of stuff like school and college."

"Oh, that's right. I'll get rid of college and school but then there'll probably be a stupid nine-to-five job I'll have to do, or maybe even handle my dad's company. Woah, how fun is that," you sarcastically uttered making him chuckle.

"Then get pregnant and get a maternity leave, how about that?" he winked.

"But who'll get me preg– wait, what did you just say?!"

"Leave that! Did you just realize what you were saying?" he smirked at you with a playful gaze.

"You're so annoying," you whispered under your breath. 

"I know, right?" he whispered, leaning closer to you to say it in your ears making goosebumps rise on your body.

In the last week, something had happened to you; something rather unexpected—there was this feeling and fluttering of your heart inside you whenever Jungkook came close to you or whenever he smiled or laughed, and it was an undescribable, ineffable feeling that you'd never felt before for anyone else but obviously, you were no fool to not realize that you liked him. 

But like him?

God, no.

In spite of his adorable doe-eyes that were worth gawking at lifelong, his enthralling smile, soft hair, well-built frame, and understanding but playful disposition, what even was good and likable about him?

Obviously nothing. Duh!

'It's just infatuation, it'll go away soon,' you thought to yourself for the nth time and shrugged the thought off again, which you once again thought was once and for all.

The clock ticked away soon. It was 5:30 p.m., and you'd unconsciously fallen asleep after greeting Jungkook goodbye since he went to his house.

The doorbell rang but you didn't open the door since you didn't hear it. After it rang multiple times and you still didn't respond, your phone started ringing which was kept right next to you.

You sat up on the couch with a jerk and finally heard the doorbell ring.

You cast a glance at the clock on the wall before sprinting towards the door, because only then you'd realized that they'd been ringing the doorbell for a very long while you were sleeping and you'd probably tired them more than they already were.

"Y/n, what took you so long?" Mr. Shin asked when you opened the door.

"Actually, I was sleeping so I didn't hear the doorbell," you simply said and brought all their luggage inside, behaving like the ideal daughter because your plan was to convince your parents so that you could go on the school trip; and you had to do it as soon as possible because the last date to submit the fee was just in two days.

After you kept their luggage in their rooms, you went to the kitchen and brought them water. 

"Oh my, our daughter has become so responsible," your dad said.

"I'm so surprised. The house is so clean!" your mom remarked. "Our daughter has finally started to become responsible, hasn't she?"

Your parents kept talking about you–how responsible you'd become in these two weeks and the surprising thing for them was also the fact that the house was clean. 

When the night came, your parents were still awake because they said that they had had enough sleep on the way back, so they were going to sleep at their usual time only.

You went to the balcony where they were sitting and finally decided to talk to them about the trip. 

"Mom, Dad," you referred to them so that they would listen to you, and they immediately turned to look at you.

"What is it, dear?"

"Uh... okay so... our school is taking us, high schoolers on a trip to Jeju Island. We'll be staying there for a week, and come back. The fees are about–"

"Alright. You can go," your dad said. "When are you going?"

"W-we? O-oh, two weeks later, and the last day to submit the fee is the day after tomorrow," you stuttered out of shock. There was no way they'd accepted this already.

"You're going to school tomorrow, right? I'll give you the money in the morning, just make sure to remind me."

"S-so... I'm going?"

"Of course! You've taken care of the house so well in the past few days. We're really happy," your mom said with a smile.

"Thank you so much!" you beamed at them and sauntered out of the balcony calmly, but as soon as you stepped into your bedroom, you started squealing with excitement. You were not happy, you were giddy. Literally shaking with happiness.

_____________________________________________

edited: 14-09-23