31 | Phases

| 5 years later / a/n pov.

Time went by so fast that you two didn't even realize. So busy with your own lives that you two couldn't see each other in person. However, when you had time, you two didn't miss a chance to meet. 

You both had grown not only as a couple but also individually. Whenever there was a thing to celebrate–when Jungkook won something in college or when you topped in your finals, you both were there for each other; or when you scored less marks in your semester test or when Jungkook was stressed about something–you both were still there for each other. 

However, keeping all the solemnity aside, you both were still the same old happy couple that never missed a chance to express their feelings for each other, no matter the situation or place.

| 4 years ago

The Chois' business had been thriving, and to commemorate the success, they decided to throw a lavish celebration at a renowned five-star restaurant. 

As you stood in front of the mirror, you carefully adorned yourself with a pair of exquisite earrings. Your dress, elegant and sleeveless, fell just above your knees, striking the perfect balance between modesty and style. The lilac shade of the dress, apparently your favorite color,  perfectly complemented your personal taste. Completing your ensemble, you slipped into a pair of white heels. With a swipe of lip balm and a spritz of lavender-scented perfume, you found yourself hurrying out to get in the car since you knew that you were late.

 Locking the house with the keys you found on the dining table, you sat on the back seat of the car while your Mom sat on the front seat and your Dad drove.

Upon reaching the spot, your eyes widened at how ethereal everything felt. As the air conditioners were turned on, a cool breeze swept through the room. The melodic notes of jazz filled the air, creating a serene and laid-back ambiance. The yellow lights and the soft flickering of candles gave a cozy vibe, transforming the space into a haven of relaxation. The fragrance in the air was a delightful treat, and as you closed your eyes, it felt like you were in a palace.

As there was no one at the spot yet, you were getting bored and sat on a nearby chair and took your phone and messaged Jungkook.

mr. weirdo ¬_¬

When will you come? 

I'll be there soon

Did you reach...?

Ofc dumbo

Dumbo? :")

[End]

You were told by your parents to stand at the entrance and greet the guests as they came. Gosh, how awkward that was. You didn't recognize even a single one of them since most of them were influential businessmen and businesswomen or your dad's business partners. But that was only till a very familiar middle-aged couple and their son entered. Your face lit up and so did his.

"Good evening, uncle and aunt!" 

This was the first time there was a genuine smile on your face while greeting someone. However, while Jungkook's parents greeted back with a wider smile than yours, Jungkook didn't seem to hear anything around him. He was way too engrossed checking out his elegantly dressed, gorgeous girlfriend as she stood before him with a mesmerizing smile plastered on her lips. 

"Wanna look around?" you said after his parents walked away as you tried not to laugh at his face. He didn't seem to hear anything you said, though. "Jungkook, you there?"