1 | The First Encounter

| a/n pov.

"I'm standing near my locker. My class is about to start, come fast!"

"Y/n, I swear, I'll do the work in the first period and give you the notebook before the second period starts!"

"How can you when you literally have two consecutive periods of Maths?" you rolled your eyes. "Don't fool me! I'm getting late, anyways," you rapidly said.

"Yeah, take this," you saw Joy standing in front of you as she hesitantly handed you the notebook.

"Thank you very much, ma'am," you dramatically said with a cheeky smile. "Anyways, I'll get going, then!"

And there. You ran off to your class making Joy sigh. 

"I'm really gonna get scolded today."

y/n pov.

I sprinted towards the class with great speed–bag on my shoulder, a notebook in my hand, and my loosely tied hair covering my eyes from time to time. I kept removing them from my eyes while making my way through the crowd.

Another thick strand of hair came into my eyes, but before I could remove it...

CRASH!

I bumped into a guy and fell down, on the ground. Upon feeling an excruciating pain in my knee, I looked at it to see that it was bruised. I looked at the guy whom I bumped into. He was tall, sort of handsome indeed, but definitely not kind. He didn't even help me to get up.

"I'm so sorry," I said, expecting an apology from his side too. After all, I bruised my knee because of him!

"It's alright," he flatly said and walked away.

My eyes widened upon seeing this attitude of his. I literally fell because of him and scratched my knee and even apologized for bumping into him when he didn't even budge, and all I get is an "it's alright"?!

I took my notebook and bag from the floor and took the wall's support to get up and limped towards the infirmary to get my knee bandaged. 

My sight met with a middle-aged woman upon entering the infirmary. She was a kind and talkative lady, smiling almost all the time, but her face turned into a frown as soon as I entered.

"Oh my, how did this happen?" she asked out of concern. I sat on one of the beds while holding my knee since it ached.

"Ugh, there was this one deadpan guy whom I bumped into the corridor and hurt my knee. I even apologized for bumping into him, but all he said for bruising my knee was 'It's alright,'" I tried to mock his voice. 

"Aish. He was probably new so he felt awkward. Stop cursing at him," she chuckled while applying an ointment on my knee making me hiss.

"Well, I guess that he indeed is new. I don't remember seeing him around before–but seriously?! He could've apologized, at least?!" you sulked as she put a bandage on your knee. 

"Well, there you go. Hurry up, or you'll get late for your class!" she said with a smile. I bowed and thanked her before leaving the infirmary and heading to my class, still limping.

| a/n pov / class.

"Shin Y/n? You're so late today, for what?" the teacher asked when you entered the class. 

"Actually, I hurt my knee on the way to class so I was in the infirmary," you timidly answered making your teacher nod.

"Alright. Be careful next time."

You nodded in response. While walking to your seat, your eyes met with someone making your eyes widen and he raise his brows out of surprise.

It was the deadpan guy.

_____________________________________

edited: 03/08/23