27 | The Scream

| a month later.

"How was your exam?" Joy asked. You sighed, shaking your head. "It wasn't good but not bad either. I don't know, really," you said, sounding low.

"Bruh, I'm sure I did worse," Joy rolled her eyes as she jokingly said. You glared at her. "Uh, whatever. Have you seen Jungkook around?"

You looked up at her, raising a brow. "Well, I'm wondering why you even felt the need to ask me where Jungkook is," you said, feeling a bit jealous. 

"H–hey, it's not like what you're thinking! I'm asking because Jimin is mostly around him too, so–"

She realized what she was saying, making her pause mid-way; the frown on your face turned into a playful smirk. "Jimin, hmm? I knew from the very beginning that something was going on between you two!"

"Hey, you're getting that WRONG!"

"Then what's the truth, huh?" you cheekily asked. You saw a thoughtful expression on her face as she panicked, trying to think of an excuse.

"Can't think of a lie?" you wiggled your eyebrows whereas Joy, on the other hand, tried not to blush. "Are you guys dating?" you asked to make her blush more.

"That's not it," she said, trying to deny your words. "I just want to ask him for something– uh, you know, study-related stuff," she attempted explaining but you could see her failing badly.

"Whatever. Carry out the process in secret but make sure to tell me the outcome," you winked at her and left. 

"Outcome? Is she talking about a baby–"

"Joy, can I talk to you?" Jimin suddenly appeared out of nowhere, startling her.

| y/n pov.

"I'm going to talk to Mom and Dad regarding my part-time job today," I told Jungkook, fidgeting with my fingers nervously as I prepared myself for it in my head. Jungkook nodded.

"What sort of job are you going for?" he asked.

"Uh, at a café or something, I guess? As a waitress, if I'm lucky enough."

"But... why are you so nervous?" Jungkook chuckled. "Take it easy, okay? I bet Mom and Dad won't deny," he said lightheartedly, trying to calm you down. 

"What do you mean 'Mom and Dad', huh? I think you should just go for uncle and aunt or something for now," you said, changing the subject. Jungkook wanted you to notice how he referred to your Mom and Dad which you did, hence eliciting a smile from him. 

"I'm just practicing for the future, okay?!" he teasingly said. You rolled your eyes, chuckling. "Anyway, do you perhaps want me to drop you till your home, hm?"

You raised a brow, at the same time crossing your arms over your chest. "What if Mom sees you with me?"

"Why? Didn't you tell her already? It's just her daughter with her future fiancé, anyway!" he smirked. 

"Jungkook, stop being so cheesy," you rolled your eyes once again. Jungkook noticed the repeated action from you and dramatically shook his head with disappointment. 

"Darling, stop rolling your eyes for now. Save it for when I'll be doing you, hm?" he whispered in your ear, sending shivers down your spine along with a ticklish feeling in your stomach. 

"Shut up, you pervert!" you said. "Wait for me. I'll just use the restroom and come back," you said, leaving Jungkook giggling at your reaction to his words. 

He took out his phone from his pocket whilst waiting for you. One, two, three, four, five minutes went by, but you didn't come back, so he went around in your search. 

A while later, he saw you standing near the bushes, trying to look at something near the plants closely. Jungkook couldn't figure out what it was from a distance, so he slowly walked toward you to have a closer look. However, before he could reach your figure, he heard your scream. 

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!"

_____________________________________________

edited: 17-12-23