15 | Sparks Fly

"Grab my arm," Jungkook said in a low, yet demanding tone. You held his hand and landed on the balcony. It's almost 5 AM and you two had just reached Joy's place after leaving during nighttime.

Casting a scrupulous glance around your surroundings, you both took cautious steps toward the balcony door and opened it without making any noise.

Achoo!

You glared at Jungkook who just sneezed in a not-so-soft manner. He looked at you apologetically and told you to get in first and act like you were asleep so it wouldn't look suspicious which you did because you really had no other option.

Leaving Jungkook on the balcony, you tiptoed to your bed and quietly lay on the bed, waiting for Jungkook to come so that you could sleep carefree.

However, instead of simply laying on the bed and immediately falling asleep due to exhaustion, you closed your eyes and smiled, recalling all the time you'd spent with him all night.

"Are you cold?" he asked with a slight pout. He'd already taken off his jacket but you shook your head.

"No, it's alright. Then you'll feel cold. Keep it with you."

Jungkook chuckled.

"Yah, you idiot. My clothes are warm enough. Just take it," he smiled and put the jacket on your shoulder. "Wear it properly."

You grinned at him and remarked, adjusting the jacket on your figure. "I didn't know you cared for people this way," you paused. "Or should I say, I didn't know you cared for people at all?" you chuckled.

"I do care for people. But not for everyone," he responded.

"No one cares for everyone around them, you know."

"I do. What I mean to say is that... I only care for people who are special... for me," he said with his gaze fixated on the shops in front of him.

"Hey. Let's go have some hotteok," he childishly smiled at you.

"But I'm not in the mood to eat anything sweet–" he cut you off by grabbing your arm and dragging you towards the shop.

"C'mon, I know you'll love it!" he insisted, making you sigh.

"Alright. Let's go."

You felt a sharp pain on your forehead making you open your eyes. You saw Jungkook's face upside down, who had apparently just flicked your forehead really hard to wake you up from your imagination. 

"I hate you," you rolled your eyes at him. "Just sleep, or else someone will see us."

He snickered softly, leaning closer to your face. "Let them... let them see us," he whispered seductively making you gulp.

"Fuck it, Jeon. Just go to sleep," you said, trying to control your emotions and act as cool as you could. But only you knew, the way those two words from him made your heart pound

It was crazy.

| time skip / 10 AM.

You woke up due to a consistent, loud banging sound. 

Irked, you opened your eyes to find Joy sitting beside you while constantly hitting a spoon on a utensil making you glare at her. 

"Can you stop already? I'm awake."

"Yes, you are awake. But the person beside you isn't," she said with a cheeky grin making you turn around. Jungkook was still sleeping and seemed totally unbothered in spite of the resonating sound. 

"Wake him up," Joy told you making you give her a look. 

"Me? And why should I?"

"Well, you see, everyone left just half an hour ago. But you and Jungkook didn't wake up no matter what we did to wake you both up, so consider this as your punishment for annoying us."

You rolled your eyes at her and quietly scooted beside Jungkook and flicked his forehead–however, it was to no avail. Making another deliberate attempt, you took the utensils from Joy and started banging the spoon against the utensil near him.

Finally, he let out an annoyed groan.

"Gosh, you two Karens. Can't you just let me sleep?"

Joy shook her head. "Nope, no way. Anyway, I'll just go keep this in the kitchen," and walked out of the room, leaving you two alone. 

Jungkook sighed, running his hand through his hair. "This is very mean, but alright. Did you sleep well?"

"M-me?" you pointed to yourself, wondering why he'd ask you that. 

"Obviously! Is there anyone else here?"

"Uh... honestly, I wanted to sleep more, so I'm going to sleep when I go back home."

Jungkook nodded in response, followed by a sneeze. You realized that he's been sneezing since last night, and you didn't fail to realize the reason behind it.

"Why'd you give me your jacket? You have a cold now... because of me," you said apologetically making him smile. "It's just a cold. I'll get well soon. Don't worry."

"I'm not worried, I don't even care! You're just making me feel bad!"

"If you feel bad, then that does mean that you care. Well, I wonder why you care..." he paused. "Should I take it as a sign?"

You slapped his arm playfully, eliciting a teasing smile from him.

"That didn't hurt at all. Anyway, do you want me to drop you home?"

You looked at him for a while and hesitated to ask him a question you'd wanted to ask him for the last few days. "Jungkook, why do you care for me?"

"I'll be super honest. I only care for those who I love. It's basically my love language, you know," he smiled once again. 

"And I can assure you that you can take this as a sign."

He paused for a while before he spoke again,

"Well, I won't be coming to school for a week. See you on the school trip."

_____________________________________________

edited: 18-10-23