2 | She Looks Familiar, Right?

| y/n pov / cafeteria.

I and Joy entered the cafeteria together with our lunch boxes in our hands as we both tried to find seats for ourselves to sit together. I then decided to contribute to the chaos in the cafeteria by starting a conversation with Joy.

"You know what happened today?"

"I won't know till you tell me, I suppose," Joy rolled her eyes.

"Hey, why so salty? Calm down!"

"I literally got scolded by the teacher and you expect me to be calm? Gosh, I'm so embarrassed because of that old hag," she whined dramatically.

"Well... never mind. So, because I was late to class, I was doing the Naruto run and I bumped into this handsome old young deadpan guy, and I fell onto the ground and scraped my knee." you took a pause as you stuffed food into your mouth. 

| meanwhile /

"I think she's following me," Jungkook deliberately said making Jimin raise a brow.

"And why would anyone follow you? It's not like you're some handsome hunk," Jimin scoffed.

"Says who?" He rolled his eyes as he tried to find you in the cafeteria. Jimin smirked.

"You're saying that she is following when it literally seems like your gaze is following her," Jimin smirked. "Anyway, what does she look like? Does she have those enthralling eyes, enchanting smile, and long, soft hair that you want to be entangled in?"

Jungkook eyed Jimin carefully with a weirded-out look.

"No? Well, never mind," Jimin sighed. "Let's get going now, shall we?"

Jungkook stood up with his lunch box in his hands with Jimin and started to make his way toward the cafeteria exit.

Jungkook couldn't stop thinking about that careless girl who bumped into him in the morning. It wasn't like he had already fallen in love with her or something, but he felt like he had seen her somewhere before. As if he knows her for a long, long time, but he couldn't really recall when, where, and how.

His reverie was disturbed when he once again bumped into a girl.

He looked up to see the same girl from the morning. He found himself dumbfounded just like her.

"Seriously, can't you walk carefully?! This is the second time I've bumped into you today!" you yelled.

Jimin looked at Jungkook. He realized that this girl is indeed the one about whom he was talking.

Jungkook looked and you and smiled. "I'm sorry for today morning and right now. I hope you didn't get hurt much," he softly said and walked away with his friend.

You eyed his disappearing figure with a raised brow.

"How did this deadpan suddenly become so sweet?" you asked yourself. It was shocking for you to see him smile.

"Y/n?" Joy interrupted your thoughts. "Is that him? The deadpan guy you were talking about?"

"Yes, but," you pursed your lips, still looking at the direction he went in. "He wasn't like this. Why is he suddenly so sweet?"

"Oh come on," Joy beamed. "You were just lying, weren't you? He's so handsome. He even apologized to you. Maybe he realized his mistake now. He's pretty likable too—"

"Yah! What the hell?! Don't tell me you've fallen for him already," you rolled your eyes.

"Oh, no," she smiled cheekily. "He isn't really my type. I was just saying, you know," she winked at you teasingly. You hit her arm making her laugh hysterically.

"Why do you sound jealous, huh? Have you fallen for him already?" she raised her eyebrows alternatively in a cocky manner.

"Woman, are you crazy? We just met this morning, what the hell?" you scoffed.

_____________________________________________

edited: 06/08/23