4 | Drowsy

"Good night, have a safe journey!" your parents said while Jungkook and his parents were standing at the door, ready to leave.

"Ouch!" you saw Jungkook hit his foot on a plant pot on the ground. He held his leg and jumped around for a while, making you laugh at him.

Their family left and you headed back to your room since it was already quite late and you also had school tomorrow, and even a tuition session with Jungkook since he'd joined the school mid-semester and needed help with all the subjects. You didn't really mind unless he's absolutely dumb and won't understand anything.

You plopped onto your bed but then let out a groan as you felt something hit on your back making your spine break into pieces. You jumped out of bed, holding your back as you stared at your bed's condition. Almost everything that's usually in the room was collectively thrown on the bed, where only you were supposed to be thrown but after all, it was you who had thrown all this on the bed.

You started cleaning your room, significantly your bed, and it took you one whole hour to finish.

Casting a glance at the clock on the wall, your eyes widened when you saw the time. It was 1 AM already, and you were already wondering how you'll manage to wake up the next morning for school. It wasn't like this was the first time you were sleeping so late, but it was the first time you were sleeping so late when you had school the next day.

| time skip / next morning / at school.

"Y/n-ah, I have a great plan! Maybe it's something that can make all your drowsiness go away. You up for it?"

"Well... what is it?"

"Let's bunk History an—"

"No, I can't," you sighed in defeat. "I have to tutor Jungkook. I can't just skip classes because if I do, then I won't be able to teach him."

"Jungkook... who?" Joy asked with a raised brow.

"Jungkook. The deadpan guy I was talking to you about yesterday," you replied. Joy's eyes widened when she heard your answer.

"What do you mean? Why are you tutoring him?"

"Well, apparently..." you blinked, trying to put yesterday's conversations into words. "Ugh, long story short—his parents are Mom and Dad's business partners and they came over for dinner at our place last night when they got to know that we both study in the same school and they asked me to tutor him."

"And you said yes?" Joy asked.

"I had no other option!" you whined, making Joy scoff and roll her eyes.

"Well, whatever. I thought that we could hang out today after school but seems like you're busy," she tried to tease you.

"Yes, I am. For the next few days, I guess," you smiled at her cheekily making her sigh in defeat.

| time skip / 5 PM.

You'd just started doing your homework about an hour ago after eating something since you were exhausted after the long day at school. Although you were drowsy, you somehow managed to keep awake with the day passing by since Jungkook was coming and you had to do your own homework too. You had estimated you'll teach him till about 7 PM and have dinner and go to sleep immediately so that you can get a long, peaceful sleep that you feel fresh the day after.

Your mom was sleeping since she was sort of unwell and your dad was at his workplace, so you could say that you were sort of 'alone'.

The doorbell rang. Ding dong

Even though you were tired, you ran down the stairs to respond as soon as possible so that your mom doesn't get up due to the frequent interruptions.

Opening the door, your gaze met with a casually-dressed guy whose face was covered with a black mask. He had a backpack on his shoulder so you immediately recognized who it is.

"Oh, Jungkook? Hi," you greeted him awkwardly. He took his mask off and kept it in his pocket before ruffling his hair.

"Aren't you going to tell me to come inside or should I just stay outside?" he asked cheekily.

"Gosh, no. Come in," you welcomed him while yawning.

"Is my presence that boring that you're yawning?" he asked yet another rhetorical, cheeky question making you roll your eyes while you shut the door. You were already wondering how he could be so casual with you—after all, you both met each other just yesterday!

"Alright, don't reply. Where's your room, by the way?"

"Go upstairs and as soon as you reach, the room to the right is mine."

He nodded and left, his backpack loosely slung on his shoulders.

You fetched yourself a bottle of water so that whenever you feel drowsy, you can sprinkle some water on yourself.

Unfunny.

So that you can drink water and not be sleepy, that's that.

As soon as you reached upstairs, you found Jungkook, seated on your bed with his legs crossed. He was smiling at his phone, but you just shrugged it off.

He's quite handsome, so he probably does have a girlfriend, you thought.

You cleared your throat to grab his attention making him mock you by clearing his throat back at you.

"Well, which books do you have?" you inquired, so that you could start teaching him.

"I brought all my books just because you didn't really tell me which ones to bring. Even my shoulder aches, my bag was so heavy, thanks to you!" he said dramatically, massaging his shoulder.

"Okay then, let's go with Maths. Take out your book," you got off the bed to get your own Maths book so that you can teach him, but when you sat back on the bed, you saw Jungkook's scrunched-up face.

"No way we're gonna study Maths!"

"Then, what do you want to learn? Biology? Reproduction?" you blurted out, making Jungkook smirk.

"You know, I never said I want to learn Biology—oh, no. Reproduction, but you seem quite eager," he teased. You felt the blood rush up to your cheeks as they turned red.

"Uh—well—you tell, which subject do you want to study?" you asked solemnly, adjusting your tone so that he doesn't joke around anymore.

"You know, on an honest note, I wanna study Biology too, so—"

You sensed the cockiness still lingering in his voice so you rolled your eyes. You gave him one last solemn eye and finally announced,

"Maths. Take out your Maths book."

_____________________________________________

edited: 01-09-23
(JUNGKOOK DAY!!)