12 | Anonymous Text Messages

+82xxxxxxxxxx
Hello there, and many, many
congratulations upon having
won $2,00,000 in a lottery!
Kindly  ...

You looked at the message and snickered softly, caring the least about reading the whole message. With that, you turned off your phone before keeping it in your bag.

Hours later, your phone once again dinged with a notification sound.

+82xxxxxxxxxx
Hello! I'm heading your way
to pick up the hermit crabs.
What's the address?

You looked at the message, amused. What the hell was happening with you? And the fact that all these messages were sent by the same contact number made you feel more weirded out. How could an individual randomly get your number and send you the most ridiculous messages ever? This had to be a prank.

YOU
Who's this?

+82xxxxxxxxxx
Your fiancé ^^

YOU
Sorry? Wth do you mean
by that?

+82xxxxxxxxxx
Well, I don't really care
 because at the end of the
day, I'm just a simple man
who goes to people's houses
to pick up hermit crabs ^^

YOU
What on earth even are those?

Hold up, are you Jungkook?

+82xxxxxxxxxx
No, I'm not Jungle Book, but
I can be your Aladdin ^^

You saved +82xxxxxxxxxx as Jungoverkooked!

Jungovercooked
Don't you think that if
Jungkook comes to know
that you're making fun of 
his name, he'll feel offended?

YOU
Idk how but I wonder how
Jungle Book suddenly became
Jungkook for you

Jungovercooked
It was just autocorrected last
time

While Jungle Book

YOU
Yk why I'm still chatting
with you?

Because I want to see how 
you'll accept that you indeed
ARE Jungovercooked

Jungovercooked
Alright, I am Jungkook -_-

YOU
Someone said they never
lose, I thought 💀

Jungovercooked
Ohh

That reminds me

How was today's match? 
🙃

YOU
Nice

Min-ho played well

Jungovercooked
Wdym? His team literally
lost

I guess that you're just too
shy to accept the fact that 
I played extremelyy well today
and you also thought I look very 
hot while playing

YOU
Didn't have to be so precise

Jungovercooked
So basically I'm right??

YOU
That's NOT the way I meant it!

Jungovercooked
Oh c'mon, don't be shy

I know you're a simp for me^^

YOU
That sounds absurd

Jungovercooked
At least it's still true

YOU
Gosh, aren't you ashamed??

Jungovercooked
Why should I be ashamed while
talking to my fiancée? (•ᴗ•,, )

YOU
That was extremely lame, yk that?

Jungovercooked
Still the truth ;)

YOU
In your dr|

You abruptly switched off your phone upon hearing approaching footsteps. The sound paused for a moment before your room's door opened. A creak sound was heard and a faint ray of light entered the room through the narrow space.

"Are you asleep, Y/n?"

Your mom questioned. You waited for a while and dramatically responded, "Huh? Oh, yes. I'm sleeping."

Your mom nodded and murmured a goodnight before shutting the door once again and leaving, letting you use your phone; so, you took your phone from under the pillow and opened your chat with Jungkook once again.

Jungovercooked
What's taking you so long to
type??

Oh, so you're finally confessing
your feelings to me, right? ;)

Hey c'mon

It shouldn't take that long

Okay bye

I gotta sleep, I'm super drowsy

Goodnight 

__________________________

You sighed, disappointed. Did it really take that long that he just went to sleep? You sort of were enjoying chatting with him, but you had no clue why. 

You switched off your phone and kept it on the nightstand and covered yourself with the duvet, ready to sleep, when your phone on the nightstand lit up in the dark room, eliciting an immediate reaction from you–you threw the duvet away and sat up straight on the bed, only to see that the notification wasn't from Jungkook's message but a notification from YouTube.

Once again, you laid down on the bed and covered yourself with the duvet again, and fell asleep.

| time skip / next morning

You closed your locker with a sigh, aware of the fact that today would probably be the most boring day at school ever because Joy said that she'd be absent today, and you know that you won't talk to any other girl because you've always badmouthed about all the other girls in your grade, and you simply disliked the seniors.

Immersed in your thoughts, you failed to notice Jungkook standing behind you, waiting for you to move so that he could keep his belongings in his locker; the locker next to yours. However, you didn't budge a bit so he pulled you towards him by your waist, eliciting a gasp from you. 

You looked behind you and saw Jungkook staring at you with a hint of admiration in his gaze. However, when you cast a glance around the whole hallway, you removed his arms from your waist and turned towards him, shooting a death glare at him. 

"Everyone was gawking at us. They'll think that we're a thing," you whisper-yelled.

"Let's be a thing, hm?" Jungkook uttered absent-mindedly, making your cheeks turn red out of shyness.

"Where's your best friend Jimin today, huh? Go, stick to him and spare me, please," you told him with begging eyes. This was the first time you'd been seen that way with a guy.

"He's absent today," he responded. "And I suppose that Joy is too, so we'll be together all day long today, right?"

"No–"

"What's your first class?"

"Why should I tell you?!"

"It's Science, isn't it?" he wiggled his eyebrows, as if he already knew what your first class is.

"No," you confidently said, although lying. The crimson on your cheek, unfortunately didn't go unnoticed by Jungkook, making him smirk.

"Then why is your face red?" 

"Huh? How do you know that?!" you exclaimed, perplexed by the fact that he knows that your cheeks turn red when you lie.

"So that means that your cheeks do get red when you lie, hm?" 

You cleared your throat, looking around as you plotted from where and how you'll run, making way midst the students' crowd.

"Plotting where to run... right?" he teased once again, and abruptly held your wrist.

"Let go of me," you glared at him.

"If you be with me for the whole day then I might give it a thought," he said.

"All right. I'll be with you all day. Leave me now," you said, trying to make his grip over your wrist loosen; however, to no avail. He was way too strong.

"I said I'll give it a thought. I'm still thinking," he teased once again, but this time staring into your eyes.

His gaze made you feel butterflies–in fact, a whole zoo in your stomach. 

Suddenly, he blinked and asked himself in his mind, 'What's happening?'

He let go of your hand and looked confused for a while, as if there was something profound going on inside the reverie of his mind.

_____________________________________________

edited: 07-10-23