14 | Sneaking Out

Egghead
HEYYYY

YOU HOE

GUESS WHAT ON
THE EARTHHHHH

YOU
HUH???

YOU WHORE

WHAT HAPPENED??

Egghead
Come over to my place
RIGHT NOW and I'll tell
you

YOU
Is it really such a thing
 you can't tell me by text?

Egghead
YESSS

YOU
Well, Mom's mood doesn't
seem good so I guess I'll just
come over

It isn't something about hw
tho, is it??

Egghead
No

Absolutely NOTHING related to
studies, so JUST COME OVER

YOU
Alright, I'm cuming

Egghead
Wtf are u gay

YOU
Coming** [crying emoji]

____________________________

You kept your phone on the bed and went to your mom downstairs, asking her for permission to go to Joy's place, to which she agreed without even listening to your question, but obviously, you wouldn't complain. After all–it was better than rotting at home all evening. In fact, at this point, you thought that maybe you shouldn't have denied Jungkook's offer for having ice cream. At least it was better than going to Joy's place having no idea what she's going to tell you or make you do.

You walked to Joy's place with totally relaxed muscles. Your pace was like that of a turtle as you snuggled into your own jacket in the cold evening.

When you caught sight of Joy's house, you rushed to the place and started ringing the doorbell urgently. 

"Yah, what's with you? Calm down–" Joy opened the door, yelling ferociously. However, you cut her short by immediately rushing inside her house and sloppily throwing yourself on the couch, earning from Joy, a disappointed sigh.

"I can't believe I called you to help me."

"Help you for what?" you asked in a lazy tone as if that sauntering for barely twenty minutes had tired you out so much that you could have a deep slumber right now.

"I was planning a sleepover–" you cut her off mid-sentence.

"You bitch? You didn't tell me about it and now my mom doesn't know about this either! I don't even have my pajamas, are you crazy?!"

"Hey, c'mon! I just wanted to surprise you. Don't be so mean," she pouted making you scrunch up your nose.

"Don't do that, that looks disgusting."

"Whatever. Will you help me, please?" she pleaded with folded hands and sparkling eyes full of hope, to which you nodded in response, but simultaneously elicited a squeal of glee from Joy.

"Alright then. Let's go," she ran upstairs to her room to get all the required things for the sleepover's arrangements.

You followed her up the stairs, and after twenty minutes, you both already had six mattresses on the floor.

You readied all the mattresses by covering them underneath bedsheets and pillows meticulously while Joy prepared all the snacks. While you were busy planning what things to do the whole night in your mind, a thought suddenly crossed your mind.

"Joy, who have you invited for the sleepover?"

"There's you, me, some of Hoseok's friends and... Mi-hi."

"Mi-hi?" you muttered lowly.

Mi-hi was a part of your trio. Joy, you and Mi-hi's trio. However, due to a misunderstanding, your friendship came to an end. Mi-hi was excluded from your group. When the misunderstanding was cleared weeks later and you got to know about it, you were buried in guilt but didn't have the courage to be friends with her once again. You remembered her face when you didn't let her explain what was actually going on–and you knew you'd done bad–but you didn't have the guts to even apologize to her.